Muscular Dystrophy Association Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Muscular Dystrophy Association Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for this job online through the MDA website. I got an email the day after I applied requesting we set up a phone screening. After scheduling this screening, I was asked to fill out a questionnaire including general questions about previous work experience. The first phone screening took about 15 minutes and was just a more detailed version of the questionnaire. After this screening, I completed another phone interview with a different employee that included more information about me personally, and the position specifically. I was then asked to complete a Microsoft Word and Excel Assessment online. From there, I set up a face to face interview in the Chicago office. The whole process from application to face to face interview took about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with unexpected situations or tasks during the work day?

What process do you use to prioritize the tasks on your to do list?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resume and cover letter. Very easy application process. Received an email in about 4 days inviting me to a phone interview that afternoon . The recruiter also sent me some interview questions to fill out prior to our phone appointment. (See questions below). I spent about 2 hours answering the questions thoroughly and submitted them a few hours before our appointment. The last question asked about current salary and salary expectations, which I included. Later when the recruiter called, she thanked me for filling out the questions and said she had a few extra questions for me. Her first question was about salary. She clearly had not read my questionnaire that I'd spent a significant amount of time on. Our conversation lasted about 60 seconds because the salary was extremely low for the market in my area and my experience. I would have taken a nearly $5,000 pay cut. The interviewer was very friendly, and I thanked her for being up front about salary. However, I was very disappointed that I took tome off work for a phone interview only to answer a make or break question she should have read prior to our conversation. I've read other reviews stating they tend to be very impersonal and disorganized, which sadly, I would have to agree with.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MDA?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a position that required you to meet deadlines.   Answer Question
    • Share examples of when you worked independently and collaboratively. Which did you prefer?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a project you worked on that required you to be detail oriented.   Answer Question
    • What do you do to stay on top of your work in such a fast paced, ever changing environment?   Answer Question
    • If I were to ask your former coworkers what kind of coworker you are, what would they tell me?   Answer Question
    • What tools do you use to help you juggle many projects simultaneously?   Answer Question
    • What is your most recent salary, and what are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Was sent an E-mail that they liked my resume, and then HR set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview literally lasted 2 minutes. Was never mentioned by name, asked any questions about past work history or myself. Disappointed due to the company, I love MDA. Worst process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with Microsoft Word?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Charleston, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

I worked as a temp for 3 months before I was officially hired, so this would not be most people's experience. Once the paperwork got rolling, it took about a month to complete the 2 phone interviews and one Skype interview. It was weird because I pretty much already had the job, and half the time my boss was coming up with better answers for examples of how I effectively handle conflict than I was able to. The Microsoft office competency test I took was way easier than the one you have to take now, so go ahead and brush up on that if you are thinking of applying. You definitely need to know how to do a mail merge, and be decent with excel, word, outlook and publisher.

Interview Questions

• It's all behavioral stuff. How would you react to this. How would you go about solving this problem etc. Tell me about a time when you... That kind of stuff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am an idiot and did not attempt to negotiate. This is a big part of the reason women are paid less than men. We are not taught to negotiate things like salaries and leases. I was also just coming off of being unemployed with a failed home business for about a year, so I was just pretty grateful someone was hiring me at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The process consisted of several stages. The first stage was a phone screening with an HR professional who oversaw the district. The second was a phone interview with the position supervisor. An invitation to an onsite interview quickly followed and a request for 2 skills assessments was included. The day of the onsite interview, there was a Microsoft Word and an Excel assignment that was required before meeting with a group. A decision was made after this meeting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Tucker, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very long interview process....very unorganized and waste of time

Interview Questions

• The salary question at the very beginning of the phone interview.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a two step process. The first included your typical phone screening. The woman could not remember my name and had confused my resume information with someone else's. The second was an interview with the "Manager." It felt impersonal. You could tell they just wanted a body in the position.

Interview Questions

The job was supposed to be and Administrative Assistant position. Turned out it was more of a sales position. I would be responsible for calling donors and chasing money. It was not what I intended to apply for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The process began with phone interview--which was a bit of a primer-- in addition to a form of prompted questions. The second stage consisted of a one on one interview with the office manager, followed by a computer skills test (Word and Excel). The second round was an one on one interview with the regional director.

Interview Questions

• What interests you most about this position, and why would you like to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Downers Grove, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. Interviewer called me 45 minutes late.

Took a basic skills test. Excel and Word and interviewed with 2 members of management.

Third interview was with three members of management.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this job.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in March 2009.

Interview

I applied online. Came to interview it was alot of "behaviorial" type questions. How would you handle this or how do you react to that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you felt overwhelmed. How did you handle it?   Answer Question