Muscular Dystrophy Association Health Care Service Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

One short phone interview, then another about a week later that lasted about an hour. Last, an in-person interview that also included a role-playing aspect where you are reaching out to a family with an affected child and trying to get them to participate in a fundraiser. All questions were scripted, and there was quite a bit of overlap between questions in the phone interview and the in-person one.

I had a LOT of trouble trying to get any kind of response about the outcome of the interview. I had intermittently been in touch with both the recruiter who was in a different state and the person that I interviewed with in person. First, they told me they'd let me know by the end of the week, and there was no response. At the end of two weeks, I started emailing and making phone calls. The first few were ignored, but I finally got in touch with my interviewer, who then told me that she didn't know what the decision was (how could that be?) and that I needed to talk to the recruiter. After a few more unanswered phone calls, the recruiter called me back just minutes before her office was closing for the week, left me a voicemail, and said to try her again next week. At this point, it had already been more than 3 weeks since the interview. I called her right back, got her to answer, at which point she told me that I had not been selected, but that they had a position opening up in about a month that they thought I'd be great for.

I told her that I might be interested because it seemed like the MDA does a lot of very admirable work, but that I was concerned with how the communication had gone the past few weeks, and asked if it generally runs a little more smoothly. At this point, she got very defensive, started blaming things on the interviewer, telling me how busy she was all the time, and claimed that she had done me a courtesy by calling rather than emailing. I found the whole thing very unprofessional, and decided not to pursue the other job that they had suggested to me.

Interview Questions

• A lot "Tell us about a time when you..." questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Muscular Dystrophy Association

Health Care Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in June 2015.

Interview

After an initial online application, I was contacted for a phone interview with an HR Generalist. The next day, a second phone interview was conducted with a Regional HR Worker. They invited me to the office location for an in person interview the following Monday with the Executive Director and Regional HCSC. I received a follow up call from HR and a job offer within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• The phone interviews were much more general in nature and typical interview questions. The in person interview was behavioral in nature and fairly intense. Lots of “tell me about a time” type questions and follow up questions after my responses. I was asked to prepare a five-minute presentation, inviting my interviewers to be a part of an MDA Muscle Walk team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screening that took around 30 minutes. They sent me some questions beforehand and asked me to provide written answers before the interview. The interviewer was very nice over the phone, and the questions weren't too difficult, but I realized afterward that I hadn't displayed enough excitement about the position. I was not invited to the in-person interview stage of the process. I would advise candidates to research the company and have a strong desire to work with those with Muscular Dystrophy.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? What health services experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

So far I have had two phone interviews and a third in-person interview. They asked for a 5 minute presentation on why I would be the 'best fit.' The interview lasted about an hour. Afterwards, I was asked to complete a paper application and a authorization for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions about setting goals and how you reached them; how you have influenced people; how you organize, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Phila, PA).

Interview

Look professional
    Know about the company
    Look enthusiastic

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Reston, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. If they see your passion to make a positive difference in people's lives, they are more prone to hire you. The Regional VP will do most of the talking, but make sure your responses are to everyone in the room.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past that you feel could contribute to your role here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told what my salary was. No room for negotiating since they are a non profit and it is a small team per area with a fixed price offer.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Syracuse, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

1. Apply by Resume 2. First Contact is made and it was an unscheduled phone interview. 3/4. Face to face interview with several persons including behavioral interview 5. criminal background check 6. job offer

Interview Questions

• Related to the Behavioral interview applying real life situations to the questions they asked. "tell me about a time when......"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They looked a bit uncomfortable when I asked about raises.....I was misled by the response ..."if we make budget". They had not made budget in years,
    I also asked about advancement opportunities and they seemed a bit puzzled by that.
    There were serious issues that were not disclosed to me at the time of interview.

Health Care Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in May 2009.

Interview

Wasn't told the truth about all the nights and weekends we will be forced to work with no comp time or extra pay. They really abuse the salaried employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MDA   2 Answers
    • Have you ever volunteered for MDA   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, they know that jobs are scarce and can careless if you feel exhausted, sick or overworked to the stress out maximum.