Muscular Dystrophy Association Fundraiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.9

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Online application through their website. Was contacted by a recruiter within one business day for phone interview. It was brief and consisted of three to four questions. Not much room to ask many questions as this point.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work nights and weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Santa Cruz, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview process was quick and easy. I received an email to set up interview. Interviewed a few days later. I was told I would hear back either way in a week and never heard from anyone with MDA.

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview

I completed the online application and uploaded my resume. Within one week, I received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was very standard, fairly informal and less than thirty minutes. We primarily discussed and expanded on the information provided in my resume. Within a few days, I was invited to do an in-person interview; however I declined due to accepting another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomall, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Broomall, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 2-hour interview with a 15 min presentation and NEVER heard back. Sent a follow up email after I was told they would have a decision in 2 weeks. Never received a call or an email back. Rude and unprofessional

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

You had to interview and then present a paper or powerpoint about yourself/work ethic to the hiring manager and another person who was skyped in. Really awkward, like bragging about yourself after already bragging about yourself. You could tell they just wanted anyone with a degree. They got even more excited to know I had a fundraising background.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember any questions they asked me, other than about myself and then present myself to them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in May 2016.

Interview

Absolutely lovely interview. Amazing office. Amazing interviewers. Very laid back, kind and progressive thinking staffers.
    Professional from start to finish.
    The people at the MDA offices are amazing for what they do and how efficiently they do it- they work for such a good cause and bring so much joy to an office place. The interview I had was one of no complaints, very conversational in format.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted for a phone interview by the divisional HR manager. Before the interview I was asked to complete a questionnaire. The phone interview expanded upon the questions, and I was offered an in person interview for the following week. I had a one-on-one interview with the Executive Director at the Chicago office. I was asked to present a sponsorship pitch for the Muscle Walk, and there were also a lot of behavioral questions. Overall it was a very conversational interview. It took a few weeks to hear back after that, but eventually I was offered a 2nd phone interview with the Regional Director. It was very laid back, and I was asked a few more questions specific to the job description. Two weeks later I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had to meet a goal. What are the steps you took to meet this goal, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview which went very well. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview and for that prepare a 3-5 min presentation. I was nervous but it went well and the two ladies that hired me were very nice and made me comfortable after about a week they asked me to come in and meet some of the team.

Fundraiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview

The process was VERY drawn out. You submit an online application, then I had someone send me a form of questions. Then I didn't hear anything for weeks. Then they called me in for an in-person interview where I had to prepare a presentation. Then I didn't hear anything else and I was not inspired to follow up again after the interview.

It was 1.5 hours of behavioral based questions. I am not a fan at all of this process because it is not testing your ability to do the job it is testing your ability to recall minute detail under pressure of situations that happened months ago.

They ask you personal questions and then dodge your questions when you ask about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did ........... but it can't include anything you did as a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Bolingbrook, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was great -- I felt comfortable with the phone interview as well as both in person interviews. I especially liked the mock sponsor presentation! There was an initial phone screen followed by an in person meeting with two people and finally a third 1:1 interview. The second interview included a mock sponsor presentation along with various personal, experience and behavioral questions. The third interview was more based on my resume and questions specific to the job description.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working late night and overtime?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The budgeted salary was the salary I received, although I was open to this salary and did not try to negotiate