Muscular Dystrophy Association Fundraising Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Muscular Dystrophy Association Fundraising Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.8

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Interview

I completed the online application and uploaded my resume. Within one week, I received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was very standard, fairly informal and less than thirty minutes. We primarily discussed and expanded on the information provided in my resume. Within a few days, I was invited to do an in-person interview; however I declined due to accepting another offer.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

You had to interview and then present a paper or powerpoint about yourself/work ethic to the hiring manager and another person who was skyped in. Really awkward, like bragging about yourself after already bragging about yourself. You could tell they just wanted anyone with a degree. They got even more excited to know I had a fundraising background.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember any questions they asked me, other than about myself and then present myself to them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association in May 2016.

Interview

Absolutely lovely interview. Amazing office. Amazing interviewers. Very laid back, kind and progressive thinking staffers.
    Professional from start to finish.
    The people at the MDA offices are amazing for what they do and how efficiently they do it- they work for such a good cause and bring so much joy to an office place. The interview I had was one of no complaints, very conversational in format.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted for a phone interview by the divisional HR manager. Before the interview I was asked to complete a questionnaire. The phone interview expanded upon the questions, and I was offered an in person interview for the following week. I had a one-on-one interview with the Executive Director at the Chicago office. I was asked to present a sponsorship pitch for the Muscle Walk, and there were also a lot of behavioral questions. Overall it was a very conversational interview. It took a few weeks to hear back after that, but eventually I was offered a 2nd phone interview with the Regional Director. It was very laid back, and I was asked a few more questions specific to the job description. Two weeks later I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had to meet a goal. What are the steps you took to meet this goal, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview which went very well. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview and for that prepare a 3-5 min presentation. I was nervous but it went well and the two ladies that hired me were very nice and made me comfortable after about a week they asked me to come in and meet some of the team.

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Bolingbrook, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was great -- I felt comfortable with the phone interview as well as both in person interviews. I especially liked the mock sponsor presentation! There was an initial phone screen followed by an in person meeting with two people and finally a third 1:1 interview. The second interview included a mock sponsor presentation along with various personal, experience and behavioral questions. The third interview was more based on my resume and questions specific to the job description.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working late night and overtime?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The budgeted salary was the salary I received, although I was open to this salary and did not try to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

First they have you complete a brief screening online questionnaire if you are applying. If they like your resume as well as your questionnaire answers you are moved onto a phone screening with human resources. If determined to be a great fit you are moved on to an in-person interview at the office you would be working with alongside an executive director and sub divisional director. Once you have completed that, you would be reached out to by human resources with an offer.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time you were a leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I did an phone screen with HR. It was very quick 30 minutes. The HR rep had no information and could not answer any of my questions. Everything I asked she said I don't know. Was called back for an in person interview with the office I would be working but had decided to accept another position.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with cold calling? That seems to be the only aspect of the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedient. Over the course of 2 weeks, I had participated in 2 phone interviews and a skype interview (as I was planning to move from out of state).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a position that required you to meet goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Muscular Dystrophy Association (Greensboro, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick as my particular office had been looking to fill my role for awhile. I had two phone interviews followed by an in person interview with the executive director that the divisional director Skyped into. The process was thorough and informative in a way that got to me while allowing me to learn a lot about the role. The in person interview was two hours, but it went by really quickly.

Interview Questions

• Working in development in the past, what was your most challenging encounter and how did you handle it?   Answer Question