Museum of Chinese in America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Museum of Chinese in America

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Museum of Chinese in America (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I found the posting on their website and applied. Within two weeks, I received an email response from the director of the department I will be interning for.

The interview was really engaging. She asked me about my resume and why I wanted to work for MOCA. Gave a couple of scenario questions about my work style. If you have a passion for Asian American history and identity, you will do well. She really took into consideration the amount of times I've visited the museum.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk a little about this position you held.
      Why would you like to intern for a museum on Chinese in America?
      Why do you expect from this internship?
      What are some challenges you see in Chinese American studies?   Answer Question

Digital Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Museum of Chinese in America (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with the Director and Hiring manager of there about an hour and a half. Questions are detailed, almost covered everything they put in the job announcement. The result is stalled for 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What's your opinion of the MOCA Vimeo channel?
      What camera equipment do you have?
      How would you like to create a MOCA poster?   Answer Question

SummerProgram Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Chinese in America.

Interview

Went to an on-site interview--Questions were mostly behavioral and they just wanted to get to know you as a person and to see if you would fit the culture.

External Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Museum of Chinese in America (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

-Less than 20 minutes
    -General questions about yourself and past experiences
    -Describe yourself in three words
    -Be sure to bring your resume for their reference, even if they already have it on file.

Interview Questions

• When is your start date? What will be your commitment?
      Could you talk more about 'x' experience on your resume?   Answer Question