Music & Arts Center Contract Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Peachtree City, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Really laid back, they ask basic customer service and sales questions. Commission is earned once you're a full-time employee. I actually had two interviews, actually. The first was in Marietta and we did it in the storage room where they keep all of the instruments. It was a basic interview and I got hired on the spot, but the manager was concerned about my commute, so he sent me to Peachtree City. There, we just did the interview in a practice room and I got hired on the stop again. Of course, they ask if you have any musical experience and what not, but I'm not sure if you absolutely need it to get hired! It's really an easy-going type of place to work, be yourself, dress nice, but you don't need to be super fancy with it. Enjoy it and I'm sure you'll be just fine! :)

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a sales driven workplace where some of your paycheck may rely on commission sales?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Music & Arts Center

Contract Writer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview

Be ready to answer questions about sales and customer service. This is a 90 day job and some are kept on after that. Did training and was paid. Good job for a high school kid. I enjoyed working for the company. Will try and stay on if they will allow me.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Littleton, CO) in August 2011.

Interview

I basically walked in because it said they were hiring on the door. They double their staff at the beginning of the school year because it's instrument rental season. The guy working in there was nice and gave me an application, it was a very simple application, it didn't even ask for references or anything like that actually. I filled it out and gave it back to him, then I left to go to the mall and fill out some applications there. About a couple hours later, M&A called me back and asked me to come in for an interview later that day. I went in for an interview with a manager and it was fairly simple. He asked me about previous work, why I was qualified etc. Nothing that should take you by surprise. He also asked the typical "3 words to describe yourself". The interview was pretty easy, and the jobs there aren't too competitive (not a lot of people apply there). They called the next day and offered me the job. However, it would only be a seasonal job, so the ending of the "season" was undetermined. I only got to work for them for about a month, which was okay because you have to wear dress pants and a nice blouse and must be very conservative. So if you know a ton about instruments and like dressing nicely and conservatively than this is the job for you! it wasn't really the job for me though... The application/interview process is fairly simple though.