Music & Arts Center Customer Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Music & Arts Center Customer Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Music & Arts Center

1 Interview Review

2.0

Customer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (New Britain, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

This was by far the most unprofessional interview I've ever gone through.

I received a call from the district manager while I was in class after an employee referral. I returned his phone call only to be asked why I didn't pick the phone up on the first ring. He asked me what I knew about the store and what work I had done in the music field. (I had 90 credits towards a music education degree, worked 6 years as a salaried performer, etc).

Then the real shocker came. He offered me the position on the grounds that I drop out of school! (not to mention, my classes were only 2 days/week). Not only was this the sickest thing I've ever heard from an interviewer, but it was only for a PART TIME position, not 40 hours/week.

Needless to say, not only did I decline, but made sure I never went back to the store.

Interview Questions

I had more integrity and couldn't see myself sacrificing education to make less than minimum wage on commission