Music & Arts Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

1.9

Instructor, Music Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with standard questions including how many students have you had on average. Be careful with this question or ask if it they require an answer.

Next was an in-person interview. Again standard questions. However, upon questioning their reasoning for not hiring me after the fact, they explicitly said that it was because they need teachers coming in to have an average of 25 students. This should be noted on the requirements if that alone can truly be an explanation ( they didn't offer any others so that is all I have to go on).

Interview Questions

• How did you convince a student who was frustrated to continue practicing (or something like that)~   Answer Question

Contract Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Peachtree City, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Really laid back, they ask basic customer service and sales questions. Commission is earned once you're a full-time employee. I actually had two interviews, actually. The first was in Marietta and we did it in the storage room where they keep all of the instruments. It was a basic interview and I got hired on the spot, but the manager was concerned about my commute, so he sent me to Peachtree City. There, we just did the interview in a practice room and I got hired on the stop again. Of course, they ask if you have any musical experience and what not, but I'm not sure if you absolutely need it to get hired! It's really an easy-going type of place to work, be yourself, dress nice, but you don't need to be super fancy with it. Enjoy it and I'm sure you'll be just fine! :)

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a sales driven workplace where some of your paycheck may rely on commission sales?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Once I filled out an application I got a call. I came in and the interview process was basically just a conversation with the manager and got an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What level of education have you received?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got offered minimum wage at first and then I was told it would be worked up from there.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I met the district manager and the general manager at a store. They asked me a few questions about my past sales and customer service experience, as well as past management experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview

It was a relatively short interview. I met one on one with the manager and was hired on the spot. They only wanted people experienced in sales. Nowadays, that policy has been relaxed, so it is easier to get in as long as you have musical experience. I am required to type fifty words to finish the interview review.

Interview Questions

• Are you a lizard in a human suit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Music Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Cedar Hill, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Two interviews... one with the store manager and one with both the store manager and district manager. Very kind, down-to-earth, and asked questions that allowed me to present myself in the most accurate light possible. Gave me a clear picture of what working with them would be like. Ended up complimenting me to all the other staff!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commit to a 3pm-9pm time block on the days you are assigned to?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center in November 2014.

Interview

It was constantly me trying to get a hold of the manager in the process. It took several e-mails and phone calls to figure out, after being interviewed whether I was hired or not.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview

Very easy! Just be upbeat and prove you have a drive to win. Training process once hired was good. I was already knowledgeable as a manager so it made things easier. Just be yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Really lacked detail, was kept in the dark on a lot of duties that are not in the job description. Interview was very cookie cutter, shallow, and inexperienced. When questioned the interviewee was very misleading, and not forthcoming about real issues with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Horrible. Took a month to even get an offer sheet sent. Absolutely pathetic experience and it was being rushed on the company's side. Sad.

Contract Writer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview

Be ready to answer questions about sales and customer service. This is a 90 day job and some are kept on after that. Did training and was paid. Good job for a high school kid. I enjoyed working for the company. Will try and stay on if they will allow me.