Music & Arts Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Other Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Frederick, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

They took a while to get back to me. I'm guessing they really wanted someone else and that person rejected them. I wrote them off because I didn't hear from them. After I finally heard from them, I had to re arrange my whole schedule.

Music Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Cedar Hill, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Two interviews... one with the store manager and one with both the store manager and district manager. Very kind, down-to-earth, and asked questions that allowed me to present myself in the most accurate light possible. Gave me a clear picture of what working with them would be like. Ended up complimenting me to all the other staff!

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commit to a 3pm-9pm time block on the days you are assigned to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I met the district manager and the general manager at a store. They asked me a few questions about my past sales and customer service experience, as well as past management experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Really lacked detail, was kept in the dark on a lot of duties that are not in the job description. Interview was very cookie cutter, shallow, and inexperienced. When questioned the interviewee was very misleading, and not forthcoming about real issues with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Horrible. Took a month to even get an offer sheet sent. Absolutely pathetic experience and it was being rushed on the company's side. Sad.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview

Very easy! Just be upbeat and prove you have a drive to win. Training process once hired was good. I was already knowledgeable as a manager so it made things easier. Just be yourself.

Salesperson Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center in August 2007.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward: they asked if I ever worked in sales before, asked a few quick questions about how I would handle some situations. I was then told to go to a different store and that they would have a job for me. I went to the other store and was hired.

Interview Questions

• If you see a customer trying to steal something from the store, what should you do about it?   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview

It was a relatively short interview. I met one on one with the manager and was hired on the spot. They only wanted people experienced in sales. Nowadays, that policy has been relaxed, so it is easier to get in as long as you have musical experience. I am required to type fifty words to finish the interview review.

Interview Questions

• Are you a lizard in a human suit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Bowie, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed in the store for a seasonal position. It wasn't hard at all. The store manager interviewed me and asked a few basic questions just to measure my competence to make sure I was able to speak to customers. Also asked me some basic selling questions. Was told I had the job right after the interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Interview

It was very simple and easy. We went into a practice room and he asked me questions, then he offered me the job right after. He showed me around a little bit and tole me what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in public speaking, or speaking to parents and children?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The manager asked for you to come to the store at a scheduled time. There is a short wait and you are taken back to a private room and then asked the questions. I heard back in about a week. There was one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will enjoy this job?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with interacting with people?   1 Answer