Music & Arts Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Music & Arts Center

2.1

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Interview

It was very simple and easy. We went into a practice room and he asked me questions, then he offered me the job right after. He showed me around a little bit and tole me what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in public speaking, or speaking to parents and children?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center.

Interview

I was invited for an initial interview with the store manager where they asked me about my previous experience and my reasons for applying. I was then called back for a meeting with the regional manager where they asked basically the same questions, reaffirming some information. I applied for the position of sales associate but received seasonal only instead as I couldn't guarantee I would be there long-term

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reynoldsburg, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Reynoldsburg, OH).

Interview

Very casual experience. Regional manager and store manager who conducted the interview were thorough but enjoyable. They truly want to see you as a person, not as a rehearsed robot.

Interview Questions

• Are you a self motivated, problem solver?   1 Answer

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Columbus, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I sent in a resume in response to a job posting and was called down for an interview within a half hour. It was very friendly and conversational, just working through my resume while asking relatively easy questions. If I had to guess, the hiring manager was looking to see if I was able to engage with new acquaintances easily.

Interview Questions

• What was a customer service related opportunity at your last job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center in May 2013.

Interview

Very fast from sending in the application for the position to being hired. Took less than 4 days until I had the position offered to me.

Interview Questions

• How I view the position with Music & Arts. Full timers are also "managers-in-training" so DM's and RM's like to have an idea of who they can count on for possible promotions.   Answer Question

DM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Manchester, NH) in December 2011.

Interview

Had VP of Sales, General Manager fly up for the interview. Told me what to expect professionally and what to commit to. Also made me think of what it takes from a family point of view.

Interview Questions

• In your mind, what does it take to be a successful mananger.   1 Answer

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Richmond, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Depends how badly we need people. If we need people: Count on a fast and efficent interview process. Someone will give you a call, have a mild phone interview, then set up an interview with the manager you will be working alongside. If that goes well, then they will set you up with an interview with the district manager then you're in when the next pay period kicks in.

Guaranteed temp employment pretty much is during August. Maybe even get hired on as a regular employee afterward depending on the need.

Otherwise, best that can be said is just to turn in a resume (don't bother asking for an application) on a day that the manager is on duty and hope that we're hiring.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in sales?   1 Answer

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by both my immediate manager and the DM. The District Manager has most of the hiring/firing "say-so". The meeting lasted about 30 minutes where we discussed the regular responsibilities and duties of my upcoming position and they asked a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked were normal interview questions such as "where do you see yourself in the next couple of years?" or "which is more important, sales or customer service?"   Answer Question

Customer Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (New Britain, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

This was by far the most unprofessional interview I've ever gone through.

I received a call from the district manager while I was in class after an employee referral. I returned his phone call only to be asked why I didn't pick the phone up on the first ring. He asked me what I knew about the store and what work I had done in the music field. (I had 90 credits towards a music education degree, worked 6 years as a salaried performer, etc).

Then the real shocker came. He offered me the position on the grounds that I drop out of school! (not to mention, my classes were only 2 days/week). Not only was this the sickest thing I've ever heard from an interviewer, but it was only for a PART TIME position, not 40 hours/week.

Needless to say, not only did I decline, but made sure I never went back to the store.

Interview Questions

I had more integrity and couldn't see myself sacrificing education to make less than minimum wage on commission

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Princeton, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Most of the questions were centered around schedule availability and effectiveness to work with others in a team. If you has been engaged with the company before (whether as someone who has taken lessons there or as a frequent customer) it is definitely a plus. Proficiency with musical instruments does not help you as much as it would for a full-time employees so do not invest a lot of your time explaining how you are skilled in playing i.e. the violin, guitar, flute, etc.

Interview Questions

• How much does your school schedule allow you to work here?   1 Answer