Music & Arts Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Music & Arts Center

2.1

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Paramus, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Management reached out post-application, and asked some questions based off interest in the company. After this, we then set up two separate in person interviews with both district manager and direct bosses. I was offered the job about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge on brass since you are a woodwind player and vocalist primarily?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Once I filled out an application I got a call. I came in and the interview process was basically just a conversation with the manager and got an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What level of education have you received?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got offered minimum wage at first and then I was told it would be worked up from there.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was easy. I emailed my resume to the person listed on the site, and received an email to come into the business that afternoon for an interview. I arrived with my resume, dressed professionally, and greeted the manager. We spoke for a minute before heading back to the interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I interviewed for a part time position, but was offered a full time position with benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Yorktown, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Yorktown, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

It took about two weeks, typical of any retail position. Management waa extremely professional. There were two interviews, one with the store manager and one with the district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, take it or leave it.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center in November 2014.

Interview

It was constantly me trying to get a hold of the manager in the process. It took several e-mails and phone calls to figure out, after being interviewed whether I was hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

We sat down in a lesson room, and the vibe was very comfortable and light-hearted. We spoke about music and about the company. Then I was asked questions about my experience in music and in retail. Then, the position was discussed in detail. At the end, I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Arlington, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I met with the district and store manager at the store, and the interview was conducted in a lesson room. They asked pretty basic questions and used scenarios to determine my level of customer service. I did have to return for a follow up interview, which is where I signed my paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have resolving customer issues?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Huntersville, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process has changed from in person to completely online on ADP. There is a test which every applicant we had since it began has failed. It also is incredibly hard to get in the company unless you go form a connection with the manager in person.

Interview Questions

• Questions have changed since being online but one example would be how would you approach an objection by a customer to getting the necessary supplemental supplies for a sale. For example a case for a guitar.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center in July 2011.

Interview

Meeting with local manager and District manager.

Very laid back.
    Collared shirt and Tie required..
    Bring a good attitude and a big smile.
    Have a desire to learn even if you are not a musician.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Music & Arts Center (Frederick, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

I started out with a phone interview with the manager of the department and then I had a face to face interview. Both went very well. We had a rapport and I was told I was overqualified, which I hear more often then I'd like to, considering the fact I've been a CFO. I'm an overachiever. I started college at age 16, have 2 3/4 Mater's Degrees at the moment, and have engaged in high impact projects including averting over $7 million in P&L risk, streamlining, policy and procedure setting, and getting organizations out of cash flow crisis.

The final interview was with the President of the company. It was the most horrible, demeaning experience in my life. I've frankly never met a more arrogant, judgmental, or miserable individual. He obviously didn't read my resume, where I had a record of the last ten years, and since I have had the bad luck of getting laid off due to mergers and acquisitions, I clearly put that on there. He came into the room looking angry and frustrated. His sole purpose seemed to be to diminish everything I said. He criticized me for not being at companies long enough, although I explained the layoffs and why I was at two companies 3 years a piece and then had to pick up contractual work. He criticized me for wanting to move closer to the area of the position. Since I had a preference to move towards accounting that is related to real estate and this position dealt with acquiring new offices, he decided to raise his voice and yell "THIS IS NOT REAL ESTATE!" I was so taken aback by all his criticisms, I was not expecting him to give me an Accounting test next on the white board, making me come up with a decision about buying a building within 2 minutes. Everyone is different, and I do not decide that quickly. That is the whole point of being analytical, thorough, and detail oriented. I would hope he would want his employees to follow a process rather than being hasty, but because I did not answer his questions on the spot or understand a few of his questions, he made the most condescending face I have every seen and I was walked out. I have never been to an interview like this in my life. I spent the ride home crying. The manager of the department just sat there smiling and did not stand up for me at all. He did not reply when I followed up afterwards and explained how shocking this interview was to me. I'm so glad I dodged a bullet here.

Interview Questions

• To decide on buying a building within 1-2 minutes and without enough information.   Answer Question