Mutual of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mutual of America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mutual of America.

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency. Interviewed with 2 senior officers and got an offer next day. Interview was over 1.5 hour. The officers explained the role and their expectations.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding past work experience and future expectations.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of America.

Interview

Easy but management was creepy. Just needed a job. You look at the office in Boca and you see all the project mgrs sitting behind you and the senior mgt in front. You feel trapped but you need a job.

Manager of Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mutual of America (New York, NY).

Interview

Long and drawn out process. Met with the entire management team and from there I had to wait for at least three months to hear any feedback and where I was in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What were your recent process improvements?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was handled by a recruiter.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of America.

Interview

Friendly interviewer that was not to imposing. Seemed like genuine interest was given to me. The questions were pretty straight forward and were not challenging. I did wait a while to hear back from the HR Department. Overall I would go back for another interview because it seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Excel? Tell me about your previous job experience.   Answer Question

Participant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of America (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was the first meeting/interview. It was casual, relaxed and our conversation was engaging. We seemed to connect on many levels and agreed about business development initiatives. The discussion lasted longer than the allotted time and will be asked back for a second interview in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience working and prospecting small employers?   1 Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The questions were fairly basic, and were based on what was presented in my application and resume. Close attention were paid to my answers and the interviewers jotted down notes throughout the interview. The interview process was primarily focused on my professional background and familiarity with various software. The interview was also forthright and informative about what the position required and involved.

Interview Questions

• What is a strength and weakness of your current/last workplace?
      Why did you leave this position?
      How would you rank (out of a 10) your knowledge and ability with this software?   Answer Question

MUTUAL of America/Senior Internet Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual of America (Boca Raton, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

A phone interview. About 30 minutes technical conversation with two project managers. Interviewers were focused on my current employment and details what I currently do and what technologies I use. Some of the technical question were "catch" questions, which intention was to find out the experience. It was more than obvious they are looking for experience in the specifics areas than in general senior developer skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some more about your current employment?
      Tell me me what is MVC?
      What is triple equal sign in JavaScript?
      Describe AJAX call structure/components?
      What does Skip LINQ method do?   Answer Question

Shipping & Receiving Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of America (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very pleasant interview. My supervisor and immediate manager was very cool and did not
    come off as being intimidating. I was asked questions like. Why did I want to work for the company?What makes me different from other candidates? If given the position how would I handle specific situation? I left feeling confident that the job was mine.

Interview Questions

• If I was capable of doing the job.   1 Answer

Senior Correspondent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mutual of America (Tarrytown, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had to go in once, for 20 minutes. Spoke about her sons, got the job. It was a joke and I took the job and immediately regretted it. Dont not join if you want to suceed in this field.

Participant Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glastonbury, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of America (Glastonbury, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for this position and they set up an interview for me. Upon arrival, they had me fill out application before meeting with the Senior Field Vice President. We had a very nice discussion where I was told that I would definitely be asked back for a 2nd round interview within two weeks. After three weeks, I called to follow up and spoke with the man who interviewed me. He apologized for not getting back in touch with me and said that the process was put on hold for a while, but that I would definitely hear back from him in a week. I never heard back. Pretty disappointed that a company would hire a recruiter only to send me to an interview that I would never get a response from.