Mutual of Omaha Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.1

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First step is the phone interview, where they ask you basic questions about why you're interested in the company and other general questions. The second round is where you're supposed to take a candidate profile test - takes about half an hour to forty five minutes. Third and the last step is meeting with the Manager, where they discuss the profile test results, talk about your future and give you more info.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Sales?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mutual of Omaha

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

Met with office director for roughly an hour with a back and forth of questions and basic behavioral type interview. After the in person interview you must complete an online questionnaire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Exactly as stated above from other interviewees, 1st interview with recruiter to assess if applicant is a good fit for the company and vice versa. Next is a career profile of 119 questions from a 3rd party company, and then next interview wil be with the Sales Manager to further go over salary and sales expectations. The 20 person questionnaire- 10 people you know who refer you to 10 people you dont know in order to fill out the 6 question Questionnaire. Finally you provide a 100 person market eval to which you pull 20 people from and contact with a sales presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a third-party recruiter. The first interview is a getting to know you, and a presentation on why I should join their company with the branch manager. To get a second interview, you need to complete an online assessment to see if you match what they are looking for. To get to the third interview, they give you a homework assignment -- which is where I ended the process. The branch manager wanted me to write down one hundred (100) -- yes, one hundred -- people I know, or interact with in my immediate area. I had to give them their name, address, and phone number. I decided that extorting my friends and family for the possibility of a commission-based sales job isn't a great way to start off my career. I canceled my third interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to sacrifice your personal life for your career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring process included three total interviews. It began with a standard introductory interview involving a series of questions about yourself. If you get a second interview chances are you're going to be hired. After the second you'll be invited back and if you accept the job you'll be invited back to take a personality test and be asked to write 100 names of people you know. These are going to be the people you'll want to solicit in the beginning when you're getting things started.

Interview Questions

• What are three characteristics that you would describe yourself as?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

Great interview. Very friendly. They went over the history of the company and opportunities available. Very quick and to the point. I did not have to wait a long time to see the interviewer which was good. Comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my current position and what I liked and disliked about it. They also asked why I was leaving my current role.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in April 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. First is information about you and the company and position. Second is meeting with sales manager where they gather more information about you and after you have to complete a market match with 100 names and addresses or email addresses who will be your initial clientele if you are offered the position. Third interview they review your market match and make a decision.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

About the company. About yourself. Thet tell you rhat you are going to be an advisor but is simple as you are going to be a salesman. Has to have rich contacts. Have to pay for licences yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Harrisburg, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The sale manager email me about the open position, and ge help me set up a interview through email, the process take about 2 weeks, First interview just about some basic information, we have a good conversation. After the first interview need do a "career profile" test, still waiting for set up the second interview..

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed fairly quick and easy. I had one round of phone interview and then one in person interview, after which I was asked to take a test. I did not proceed with the test after as it did not feel like a place I could see myself working.