Mutual of Omaha Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mutual of Omaha Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.1

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

About the company. About yourself. Thet tell you rhat you are going to be an advisor but is simple as you are going to be a salesman. Has to have rich contacts. Have to pay for licences yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mutual of Omaha

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

Process is still in the works, has taken a week so far. Very nice people. I am waiting on management to schedule a face to face interview. The talent recruiter has been very helpful in making aureus I am informed throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome adversity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Very polite people,I got referred by a former college football teammate. I talked to recruiting manager on the phone and we set up an interview schedule for about a week later. Next they asked me to take a survey before I could continue on in the process. They said I did really well on the survey and we scheduled another interview

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to reach potential customers now a days ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Independence, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview which asked about my background, goals and why I applied for Mutual of Omaha. Very approachable in conversation and open dialogue. Interviewer was very courteous and pleasant to speak with. It was a basic interview that allowed the recruiter the ability to analyze verbal and interpersonal skills, they give you the floor.

Interview Questions

• Why the interest in Mutual of Omaha?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The first interview was essentially an overview of the company which wasn't bad. The second interview was essentially more in depth about the company to see if there was an interest. You ask questions based on what you go over during the conversation. The third interview you meet with the director where he essentially decides if you would be successful or not. Prior to the third stage, you would complete a market match- 100 names with addresses, potentially financial information, etc. of people who would be your clientele. Once you've done that, and they determine you would be able to move forward, you are simply hired and begin the process of becoming an agent.

Interview Questions

Not that it wasn't a good opportunity, it just wasn't the right opportunity for me at this time. The work is primarily commission, and I was offered another opportunity to make a salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (New York, NY).

Interview

It was basically just a screening process for approximately ten people. We were asked about our previous experiences as well as our dreams for the future. We have to to submit a background check and our past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever seen your self working with no cap on potential income?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiations were basic. Would you want to come into the office in the morning or would you prefer to work the evening.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Lincoln, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

Very informal. Was just a introduction into the office / daily life. Met with GSM and Head Recruiter first day. Was offered the job a week later during second interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult was asked. It was very informal and busy a 1:1 get to know each other.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate with. You pretty much Hebrew to accept the job as is

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied Online for a financial advisor position. I got a call after two days. During the call, they asked me about specific things in my resume and she scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions

• She went through my resume, and asked me about my previous position as and about my finance background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Cleveland, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

It was more of a company pitch than an interview. They went over details of the company history and what they do and went on to discuss details of position and immediately set up a 2nd "interview".

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

3 interview process, brief introduction discuss avenues in the company and growth within. Basics of what you will do and how you will paid. Discuss how to gain a book of business. Meet with recruiter, manager, owner. You meet one on one and discuss things over the phone. They each give you an introduction into what to expect as well as incentives you can receive in order to make you want to work there and work hard. Very friendly and was an easier interview and less "scary" than others. Im sure it has to do with the high turnover the industry has in their employees.