Mutual of Omaha Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Independence, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview which asked about my background, goals and why I applied for Mutual of Omaha. Very approachable in conversation and open dialogue. Interviewer was very courteous and pleasant to speak with. It was a basic interview that allowed the recruiter the ability to analyze verbal and interpersonal skills, they give you the floor.

Interview Questions

• Why the interest in Mutual of Omaha?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

Met with office director for roughly an hour with a back and forth of questions and basic behavioral type interview. After the in person interview you must complete an online questionnaire.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Hackensack, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I was recruited by email. The first interview was conversational but encompassed a sales pitch for the company. The people that worked there seemed friendly and nice. I was asked to come back for a second interview but I declined. There is no steady paycheck, it is 100%commission .

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself down the road   1 Answer

Associate Policy Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received an email to set up for a phone interview it was very basic asking questions to get to know me and my goals for the future. After that I was set up for a face to face interview. When I got there I was interviewed with two managers they asked 12 questions taking turns basic "tell me about a time when.." and after they gave me a tour of the building and brought me up to the floor I'd be working on and had me listen to some calls with the staff. After they said they'd be in touch. Two days later I got a job offer. But turned it down because I received another offer from a company I'd been waiting for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE).

Interview

initial interview is by phone. Second is in person, 1:1. During the application process, you will have taleo personality questions to answer. You will also have to do a test on customer service and best responses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Exactly as stated above from other interviewees, 1st interview with recruiter to assess if applicant is a good fit for the company and vice versa. Next is a career profile of 119 questions from a 3rd party company, and then next interview wil be with the Sales Manager to further go over salary and sales expectations. The 20 person questionnaire- 10 people you know who refer you to 10 people you dont know in order to fill out the 6 question Questionnaire. Finally you provide a 100 person market eval to which you pull 20 people from and contact with a sales presentation.

Senior Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Very short interview. First had a phone screen and then only talked to the CFO and she asked a couple of behavioral questions. Overall pretty easy and received a decision within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a third-party recruiter. The first interview is a getting to know you, and a presentation on why I should join their company with the branch manager. To get a second interview, you need to complete an online assessment to see if you match what they are looking for. To get to the third interview, they give you a homework assignment -- which is where I ended the process. The branch manager wanted me to write down one hundred (100) -- yes, one hundred -- people I know, or interact with in my immediate area. I had to give them their name, address, and phone number. I decided that extorting my friends and family for the possibility of a commission-based sales job isn't a great way to start off my career. I canceled my third interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to sacrifice your personal life for your career?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

Great interview. Very friendly. They went over the history of the company and opportunities available. Very quick and to the point. I did not have to wait a long time to see the interviewer which was good. Comfortable environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my current position and what I liked and disliked about it. They also asked why I was leaving my current role.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in April 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. First is information about you and the company and position. Second is meeting with sales manager where they gather more information about you and after you have to complete a market match with 100 names and addresses or email addresses who will be your initial clientele if you are offered the position. Third interview they review your market match and make a decision.

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview is with two managers, there are (I think) 6 analystical questions and two "free form" questions. The first 6 pertain to the position and the last two are personality. Be honest and don't over rehearse your answers. Bring a notebook if it helps you stay on track

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when and how you've handled an escalated situation? What steps did you take? What was the end result?   Answer Question