Mutual of Omaha Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2018

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Independence, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview which asked about my background, goals and why I applied for Mutual of Omaha. Very approachable in conversation and open dialogue. Interviewer was very courteous and pleasant to speak with. It was a basic interview that allowed the recruiter the ability to analyze verbal and interpersonal skills, they give you the floor.

Interview Questions

• Why the interest in Mutual of Omaha?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

2 in person interviews with the head of the office and the leader of your team. Offered on the spot at the end of my second interview but each office will be different.

Interview Questions

• They are not concerned so much about experience or education but are more concerned about personality, work ethic, and fit in the office.   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got call from HR within week. Fixed time to take telephonic round with HR. She asked behavioural questions. Like why this company, difficult situations in life kind of. Got selected for In- Person Interview with Hiring Manager. He asked more behavioural questions and few question on SQL

Customer Care Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Mutual of Omaha generally only asks about 6-10 questions in the interview--usually only standard STAR questions. However, if you make a mistake and show even a modicum of a weakness by your answer (such as indicate that you needed to be coached or corrected in the past), you may as well write that one off. Make sure that the things you learned and grew from are innocuous. For instance, if you have to "recall" a time when someone approached you about something about you that he or she didn't like, make sure it wasn't over an actual, real flaw of yours--just something perceived.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone approached you about a problem they had with you and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

Hiring call was easy one. Did ask too many questions. But they were needed to be asked to know about you. Overall it was a good experience. It was really nice talking to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were expected   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

There really wasn’t an interview. The interviewer basically gave me a sales pitch. He asked little to no questions regarding my experience or background. The 1st interview seemed more like a way to weed out people who are not serious. Then before you get called in for the 2nd interview you must take an online Assesment. The company might save time and energy by having the applicant take the assessment first before they set foot in the building. I will not be taking the assesment. The interview was cold and did not appear to be a suitable position for myself.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in November 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview which lasted for less than 30 minutes. Wanted to get to no more about me as a person on an individual basis. Asked about what I do outside of work for fun. Why I want to work for Omaha, and talk about my background and experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

There was a first interview and the interviewer was extremely nice. She asked me different questions about my experience and my career goals. After the first interview she gave me an assessment and said that depending on the first interview and the assessment she would determine the second interview with the manager. It was very relaxed and easy going.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, it took like 2 weeks to get a call for the 1st interview. The first round was phone interview with HR, they tried to get info from you, so it was not a conversation, basically she just wanted to write down your responses from you for all 15 questions on her list, she didn't want to talk, she just wanted to finish her job ASAP. Most questions were basic HR questions to see if your skills match the position. She also asked how many attempts for did I take for each exam. Again, the purpose of this interview was to get info from me, she didn't even want me to ask her questions, you can easily tell she's just busy. At the end of the interview, she told me I did good and I was likely to have the 2nd interview, she also told me that she would send me a link for an assessment test to determine if I get the 2nd interview. One day later she sent me a rejection email instead of a link to the assessment test. Honestly, SO RUDE. I'll list most of the questions she asked me so you guys can prepare well. I believe they ask the same questions for everyone. Ignore my grammar errors, I just want to help.

Interview Questions

• 1:Tell me about yourself.
      2:Walk me through the internship/work history on your resume.
      2:Tell me what skills you have that are relevant to this position.
      3:Tell me the greatest achievement you had.
      4:Tell me a mistake you made during your internship.
      5:Greatest strength and weakness that are relevant to this position.
      6:What skill do you think you are not good enough and need to be improved? (a skill that is relevant to this position)
      7: Tell me a project you have done that is related to this position.
      8:How did you hear from us?
      9:What kind of actuarial work would you like to be involved in?
      10:What was the biggest challenge in your previous internship?
      11:How many attempts did you take for each SOA exam?
      12: Are you currently interviewing with other companies?
      13: What salary do you expect?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and have a on campus interview. They went through my resume and working experiences. ask how to debug a code. Very approachable in conversation and open dialogue. Interviewer was very courteous and pleasant to speak with. It was a basic interview that allowed the recruiter the ability to analyze verbal and interpersonal skills.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Corpus Christi, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my university's job website and got a call about a week later. In the first interview you meet with the HR manager. The questions were pretty easy, I freaked myself out way too much. The second interview is with the branch manager. He mostly talked about the company. He told me out of 10 people who go through the first interview, one will make it. In between the second and third interview, you have to do the Market Match and Market Surveys which aren't that hard. Finally, I got to the third interview. I'm pretty sure if you make it to the third interview you have the job. There, you basically ask any questions and tell him if you have any concerns then he asks about a start date.

Interview Questions

• What quality do you think you can bring to the office that no one else can?   Answer Question