Mutual of Omaha Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2018

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Independence, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview which asked about my background, goals and why I applied for Mutual of Omaha. Very approachable in conversation and open dialogue. Interviewer was very courteous and pleasant to speak with. It was a basic interview that allowed the recruiter the ability to analyze verbal and interpersonal skills, they give you the floor.

Interview Questions

• Why the interest in Mutual of Omaha?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Miami, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

I found the interview laughable. Their recruiter was unprofessional in virtually every way.
    He was poorly dressed and his shoes looked like they belonged in a circus. He was not prepared for the meeting: I emailed him my resume the day prior and he claimed he never got it (he could not find it in his mailbox.) He showed me a marketing brochure, and that was the extent of it. Did not listen to a word I said, the condescending clown just kept repeating how great it is to be associated with Mutual of Omaha. Arrogant manner. I left thinking what a disservice this unqualified individual is doing to the company in his position here in Florida. I would not hire him to wash my car.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

Interviewed 2 times before turning down position. First interview was information about the position and Mutual selling you the position. HR rep was very friendly and helpful during the interview process. First was with the HR rep and second was with her and an office manager. Position is called financial advisor but you don't actually do that until the second year. The first year is selling insurance. Company wants you to solicit 100 family members and friends to begin. No base pay even though salary was listed as $45,000. Not a good job for those who don't have money saved up to last for months

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE).

Interview

2 phone interviews, then all-day fly-into Home Office all day. 1x1 and panel interview. Required presentation. Although it was rigorous, it was on point and very professional. You had to know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• Describe your game plan in the agency in the first 90-180 days   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

2 in person interviews with the head of the office and the leader of your team. Offered on the spot at the end of my second interview but each office will be different.

Interview Questions

• They are not concerned so much about experience or education but are more concerned about personality, work ethic, and fit in the office.   1 Answer

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process entailed two phone interviews and a full day of interviews and presentation at the home office with a numerous sales and recruiting leadership individuals. The day was very well structured and professionally executed.

Interview Questions

• Questions had an emphasis on leadership, development, and culture.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got call from HR within week. Fixed time to take telephonic round with HR. She asked behavioural questions. Like why this company, difficult situations in life kind of. Got selected for In- Person Interview with Hiring Manager. He asked more behavioural questions and few question on SQL

Customer Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

Interview

Mutual of Omaha generally only asks about 6-10 questions in the interview--usually only standard STAR questions. However, if you make a mistake and show even a modicum of a weakness by your answer (such as indicate that you needed to be coached or corrected in the past), you may as well write that one off. Make sure that the things you learned and grew from are innocuous. For instance, if you have to "recall" a time when someone approached you about something about you that he or she didn't like, make sure it wasn't over an actual, real flaw of yours--just something perceived.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone approached you about a problem they had with you and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Blue Bell, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter about a week later. After a brief conversation he invited me to an information session/interview that lasted about an hour. All staff was really friendly and made conversing comfortable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha.

Interview

Hiring call was easy one. Did ask too many questions. But they were needed to be asked to know about you. Overall it was a good experience. It was really nice talking to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were expected   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Cleveland, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

There really wasn’t an interview. The interviewer basically gave me a sales pitch. He asked little to no questions regarding my experience or background. The 1st interview seemed more like a way to weed out people who are not serious. Then before you get called in for the 2nd interview you must take an online Assesment. The company might save time and energy by having the applicant take the assessment first before they set foot in the building. I will not be taking the assesment. The interview was cold and did not appear to be a suitable position for myself.