Mutual of Omaha Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Independence, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview which asked about my background, goals and why I applied for Mutual of Omaha. Very approachable in conversation and open dialogue. Interviewer was very courteous and pleasant to speak with. It was a basic interview that allowed the recruiter the ability to analyze verbal and interpersonal skills, they give you the floor.

Interview Questions

• Why the interest in Mutual of Omaha?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

I met a bery nice recruiter. Interview questions were pretty typical. Not tough, but making sure you’re a right fit. Office environment is very relaxed. Team oriented: absolutely. Office is in great location. Team is very nice and very helpful. Grateful to have met everyone.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever considered being an entrepreneur?   1 Answer

SSC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

Was real and down to earth. Straight forward and honest about job expectations and what I could expect. It’s a sales job. Small office one on one with a department head or team lead

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2019.

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly. Basic questions and an applitude test to finish it off. Lots of information though, stayed for about 3 hours. The interviewer was very friendly and talked about company team building culture.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Very eloquent and intriguing process, ultimately lead to making an informed choice to follow through and make initial commitment to work with them. There was a lot of requirements that if you've never done insurance before you will need to do. That was not that complicated just took time.

Interview Questions

• Does this seem like a job you could do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Omaha, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

Three very detailed interviews that thoroughly explained the career. The office was very welcoming and the recruiter was friendly. After each interview there was an assessment to test my knowledge and market.

Advisor Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Syracuse, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person with the local manager, home office testing. Then I had a drug test and background check. The person interviewing me was fantastic. The whole team was very organized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your story. What led you to this conversation today?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I had been going back and forth with a recruiter on LinkedIn for about a week or so before she scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was extremely conversational and she then scheduled an interview with the area VP. I had two interviews with him in which I didn't get to talk a whole lot and my resume was never discussed.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Tulsa, OK) in March 2012.

Interview

It was very short and straight forward. I asked about 10 questions about the job and the ability to become an Investment Adviser with Mutual of Omaha and got genuine answers. I asked them about how employees are compensated and if they every give their agents leads. And the manager said yes and made the job out to be more attractive than what I have experienced over the past 2 years with Mutual of Omaha.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work and educational background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Irving, TX).

Interview

There were 3 interviews in total, one with the recruiter, another with an assistant Manager, and your final one with the General Manager, all over a span of 3 weeks. Each interview is about 30 minutes in length, one on one, and its very relaxed. It's almost like a sales presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mutual of Omaha (Corpus Christi, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very smooth and easy going. The manager was straight forward on expectations. He mentioned the key to success on day to day affairs and the sales process. Gave me a detailed outline grid of potential commission to make in my first year.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize your day?   1 Answer