MyEyeDr. Eyewear Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MyEyeDr. Eyewear Consultant Interview Questions

1.8

Eyewear Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MyEyeDr..

Interview

I didn't have to interview because our store was acquired and purchased by my eye doctor it just came in and said we have purchased my eye doctor and we are your CEO and and that's pretty much it wait. They tried to reassure us that our jobs are safe and we would be transitioned into in my eye doctor store very easily

Other Interview Reviews for MyEyeDr.

Eyewear Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MyEyeDr..

Interview

Interviewed by five people at one time, offered the position same day. The interviewers were very nice yet professional. I enjoyed the interview. I highly recommend this company to others.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MyEyeDr. (Durham, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with a GM. We sat and talked about what the job demands were. She asked if I felt like I was capable of doing the job. The rest of the interview was just general conversation. She was trying to get to know what type of person I was. We talked for about 30-45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MyEyeDr. (Wilmington, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

After a brief phone interview with HR, I was called into one of the offices and sat down with the District manager and store manager. After about 20 minutes of questions pertaining to the job they asked me semi-personal stuff.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why did you pick MyEyeDr?   1 Answer
    • What is one thing that separates you from the pack?   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest weakness personally?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were reluctant to terms on pay but great to deal with on time-off and travel pay.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MyEyeDr. (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

I waited in the waiting area for about an hour, then I met with the district manager and we sat in the back with one other manager. It was smooth and easy.The store ran as it normally would. The doctor was taking patients back and I was slightly nervous about my appointment. I actually got hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What type of lenses would you give a patient with a +3.00 rx?   1 Answer

Eyewear Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MyEyeDr..

Interview

very basic. met with HR, got passed off to other mgrs. was a major waiting game between them

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very simple. I was made an offer over phone, I pushed for a little higher. HR called me back with the ok with in minutes

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MyEyeDr. (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a very straight forward interview. They asked about my sales experience, whether or not I've been in the optical industry beforehand, why I wanted to get into the industry. They wanted to make sure I had a flexible schedule (Saturday hours) and was good working with customers.
    I had a couple of glowing employee recommendations and It felt like the interview was a bit more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• This was a very straight forward interview, nothing I hadn't prepared for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was stupid not to try and get a little more, but their initial offer was what I was going to ask for.

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MyEyeDr. (Gaithersburg, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

First there is a phone interview to check personality and verbal communication. If they like what they hear, they set up a face to face interview at the corporate office. You are asked to bring proof of current salary as well as a copy of your resume. It is best to dress as you would if hired for the interview and to be yourself. The HR department does not like being mislead. It's a very laid back setting and you don't feel like you are being grilled. They make you feel as if You are interviewing Them!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

For the most part, the salary negotiation is very simple. They don't low-ball you. You get a very competitive offer on the spot if they like you. The only thing I had to negotiate was my schedule, as I can not work on Wednesdays. Be up front about your needs , salary and otherwise. Most likely they can meet you on them.