MySpace Data Warehouse Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Data Warehouse Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Very formal written exam followed by a panel interview. I was a little surprised that no one seemed interested in my experience but just the answers to the test questions. I also was surprised being asked the same question over and over again as if it was a new question by one of the Director level interviewers. Make me think she had absolutely no idea was she was talking about or hearing.

Also got the what's "Select 5/2" in MySQL question. The answer is 2 because its the result of two integers.

Interview Questions

• Write the sql for finding the two most populous cities per state in the two tables city and state.   1 Answer

Data Warehouse Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen, where in one of the manager asked the same question many times. It was just weird. And some of the questions were absolutely irrelevant to the job or even this domain.

Then I was called in for the face2face. The same person ( who spoke on the phone asking the same question ) asked the same question again ? Even more weird was the question ( often repeated ) as what I'd do the first day, in detail ?

Then these guys live in stone age - they gave a question paper for a written test ( they called "tech evaluation" ). Some of the questions had typo's ( they acknowledged that after in the group discussion as "oh yeah you're right, its there... " )

Then one senior architect interviewed and he was great in his 1:1. Then it followed with a "panel interview". The written test I had given, literally as torn apart into pages/sheets and the panel, in front of me started to go thro' those answer - marking x ( for wrong ), ? ( questions ) and ok ( for correct ) answers :-) Remember those good old school days ??

Then, they started to 'play god' by asking random questions and showing attitude. The sr. architect had sarcastic smile, comments and was downright rude. The clueless manager ( who would repeat the questions ) didn't get any of what I was saying and went on and on and on...

Here are some hilights...
    1. They marked and commented that one of my answers were wrong on MySQL - Turned out my answer was correct.
    2. To a solution I proposed using Oracle, the sr. architect said - oh Oracle, ok why don't we shut down our systems and db flavor and use this as I ( candidate ) proposed it
    3. To a question I passed I don't know, one person remarked - you said you don't know, did you get any ideas now ( after a while ) and can you think at all ?
    ...
    ...

This is fox/MySpace for you gentleman.

Interview Questions

• What would you the 1st day ( literally the very 1st day ) asked this atleast 5 times ? :)   Answer Question
    • What's 5/2 in MySQL ?   4 Answers

I can't stand such idiots, who doesn't know to conduct interview and play god.