MySpace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MySpace Interview Questions

2.9

Financial Software POsition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MySpace (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Initially asked for online assessment test. Then recruiter contacted me for an oncampus interview. Two friendly guys did 1:1 interview on Operating Systems and Algorithms. OS questions I got confused. But discussed lots of complexities and stuff about trees and maps in C++. Still waiting for the reply.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the combinations for abc in given inputs of strings. Like acb,bca,cab etc.   1 Answer
    • Print level 'l' of binary search tree.   1 Answer
    • difference between stack and heap.   1 Answer
    • WHich datastructure STL map is based on.   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MySpace (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

It was a normal panel of multiple groups of devs asking the same questions, what is this used for and made me write some code in regards to something they had written on the board. asp.net and css and javascript. It wasn't bad to make it work but you had to rememember every possible input that could be brought in. But just be prepared to do .net only and sql server.

Interview Questions

• In .net take a list of integers and return the smallest one there,   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

There were multiple positions listed that seemed like a good fit, so I started by finding someone on linkedin who held a relevant position, and started a conversation with them.

We talked back and forth about a few different things, and about my background before I submitted my resume and was granted an interview.

Once my resume was submitted, the manager responsible for setting up the interview scheduled a time, and then emailed me to cancel, shortly before the interview was to occur. It took a few days of back and forth emailing to get the interview successfully scheduled when a simple phone call or two would have accomplished the same result much more quickly and easily.

Interview Questions

• The questions were designed to gauge how one would handle operating in a large distributed server environment, where application and server performance tuning happen on the live production systems.   Answer Question
    • They asked questions about resolving issues within their production environment, e.g. how do you replicate the contents of a filesystem containing 10 or 100s of thousands of small files across the network from a backup, onto a new server, in a managable timeframe?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MySpace (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the manager to schedule an interview. I follwed up and the date was set up. I showed up to the office and had a great interview. I then followed up a couple days later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MySpace (Redmond, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

After a lot of confusion, they finally schedule a phone interview and give me just a couple of hours notice. Interviewer sounded unprepared and questions were very vague.

Interview Questions

• How would you do atomic operation using C# and .NET   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MySpace (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I submitted a resume and got called for a phone screen interview. The non-technical interviewer had a set of relatively easy questions regarding Windows administration. For instance, how do you list the network interfaces in windows, what command is used to update group policy, what is the subnet mask for a /23 address, etc. I had applied for a security role. I got around 70% of the questions right (through my experience as a user, not an admin) but was not called for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What command is used to update group policy?   1 Answer

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MySpace (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The overall process was very quick. It involved a quick phone interview followed by an in person interview where 2 superiors and 2 peers went through general interview questions about background, skill sets, goals, etc. I was presented with questions regarding worst-case scenarios as well as personality questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you had too much work on your plate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable

Senior Manager, Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

it was long and there were many different individuals providing input

Interview Questions

• If you have to wear the hats of project manager and engineering manager at the same time, do you see a conflict of interest and if so, how do you reconcile it?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about the benefits of using agile methodologies such as scrum?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Very well organized and planned by HR. Interviewers were very friendly. Offered me coffee and took me out for lunch. Did not make me nervous. Very dynamic and young talent. Relaxed work environment and good balace of life and work. Office is located in Beverly Hills and very nice area.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze the data to predict trend?   Answer Question
    • Give me the past secnario where you accoplished something that was recognized by your manager?   Answer Question

Data Warehouse Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MySpace (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Very formal written exam followed by a panel interview. I was a little surprised that no one seemed interested in my experience but just the answers to the test questions. I also was surprised being asked the same question over and over again as if it was a new question by one of the Director level interviewers. Make me think she had absolutely no idea was she was talking about or hearing.

Also got the what's "Select 5/2" in MySQL question. The answer is 2 because its the result of two integers.

Interview Questions

• Write the sql for finding the two most populous cities per state in the two tables city and state.   1 Answer