Mycom Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mycom

1 Interview Review

2.0

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mycom (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Got in touch with a recruiter, long drawn out process well over a month. Eventually offered an interview at their Slough HQ. Big open plan office, lots of people running around. Hectic and chaotic atmosphere. Like being in a street market. It did not feel warm or inviting. Was eventually lead into a small conference room by two current employees.

Although the guy asking me the questions seemed nice enough, the questions tended to be very open ended and really too subjective for what was on offer. Got the impression the interview was not planned or thought through in advance.

The second guy in the room mostly looked on, and appeared largely disengaged, extremely bored and uninterested. Why am I here. This left me feeling as if the interview was already over and I was wasting my time. Not sure if this was intentional, but it was a real distraction.

Soon afterwards, I was invited to meet the CEO/Director. Nice enough little guy, but basically said I didn't have all the skills/experience they were looking for, but not an outright 'no'. I was dying to ask him why I just traveled half way across the country just to be told that.

By the way, they refuse to cover your travel expenses. Unacceptable for a multinational. I have had interviews with SME's that are happy to reimburse. Why not Mycom OSI? A very mean way to send all the wrong signals to your future employees.

So hours of driving, out of pocket, and suitability could have been established over phone or via email in seconds. Poor.

On the plus side, if I do get an offer I won't need to agonize over whether or not to accept. Am already onto interviews with better employers..

Avoid.

Interview Questions

• Describe the 'business process'.....   1 Answer
  • What have you been doing in the past x years.   1 Answer