Mylan Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mylan Inc Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Formulation Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mylan Inc (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted on one technical and HR round. The technical round was mainly based on understanding the technical knowledge of candidate. The questions varied from FD to IPR to indistry knowledge. It lasted for 30 min. The HR round was a discussion on benefits, compensation and joining date

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mylan Inc (Canonsburg, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was really good. They asked me a fair number of questions that involved me to think critically. It was a good process. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I was asked behavioral questions as well as technical questions.

Lead Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mylan Inc in April 2016.

Interview

It is a very long process. I applied through the Mylan website in February (additionally, a friend of a relative dropped my resume to three different hiring managers). I did not even get a phone screen call until April. About a week later, I was scheduled for an on-site interview. The first round was with someone from HR, the second round had seven managers/directors, and then concluded with three different potential co-workers. The interview took about 2 hours. A couple of weeks later, I received a call that I would have a second interview with the VP of the department. That interview took just under 40 minutes. About 2 weeks after that, I received the job offer. My HR contact was pretty helpful through the process. So from application to job offer, it was about 3 and a half months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really any negotiating. I was one of 100+ applicants so the bargaining power was all in their corner. Luckily, their offer was pretty fair.

Human Resources Sourceing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mylan Inc (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. After moving on from that round there were 5 interviews in the office. Although everyone was friendly and welcoming, the interview itself was difficult and mylan kept saying they would follow up soon and never would. Eventually I did not get the job

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mylan Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

On-line application followed by interview onsite.
    Went through my CV and commented on my lack of experience. Being a recent college graduate I only had work placement experience. I tried to discuss techniques that I had learned in university and discuss what I learnt on placement but I found them very dismissive of me.
    They told me I would hear from them in 8-10 weeks. I never heard from them again

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire someone that does not have experience?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Mylan Inc (Morgantown, WV) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted for an HR phone interview. The process was very straightforward, and the questions were similar to all the suggested ones that I found online. Next, about 3 weeks later, I was contacted for a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was more of a discussion of the company itself and what the position would entail. I was asked very few questions and they were all technical. I am now waiting to see if I receive an invitation to interview in person. The process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "tell me about yourself" because I always find this to be too open-ended and over the phone it is hard to tell if I am speaking for too long.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mylan Inc.

Interview

Excellent and Professional process. Very prompt and detailed throughout the process. Was slightly different in that all the interviews were very free flowing and not scripted questions. All parties conducted themselves extremely well. Feedback and follow ups happened exactly on the timeframe they agreed and were extremely friendly and accommodating throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, was a standard senior interview process.   Answer Question

Was for persona/familyl reasons. If not for them i would have accepted the role

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mylan Inc (Morgantown, WV) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people including 3 in the department I was applying for and 1 HR manager. There was 2 one on one interview and one interview with 2 employees. The interview questions were pretty typical and no wild problem solving questions were thrown in. I'd say overall it's not too difficult of an experience and if you do some research on the company before going into the interview you'll do OK. It took almost 3 months after I applied before they interviewed me, and then another 3-4 weeks after the interview to send me the offer letter in the mail.

Interview Questions

• 3 Strengths and Weaknesses.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mylan Inc (Morgantown, WV) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview starts with the hiring manager. The hiring manager does a telephone screen and decides if the candidate will be brought in for an interview. Once a decision is made, Mylan is very decisive and very professional in setting up the interview and the arrangements.

The on site interview will include all relevant leaders in the work group plus site leadership. If they like you they are not afraid to let you know immediately.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to emergencies?   1 Answer
    • What is your leadership Style?   1 Answer

I declined the offer due to location and due to my reservation that they might not be ready to make the investment that is need to address the changes that are required to move the business in the direction that is desired within the timeframe that is expected.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Mylan Inc in September 2010.

Interview

3 interviews with hiring manager. 1 presentation. 1 ride along. one phone screen. 1 panel interview at corporate