Myriad Genetics Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Myriad Genetics Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Myriad Genetics

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through referral and received an email from HR to schedule one on one interview. It took a few days to get a hold of the recruiter because she never returned the call until a few days later.

Went to the building that had no available parking so had to park and a couple blocks to the office. Director was late and interviewed me in a an area under construction which made things difficult. You would think there would be a better place to be interviewed instead of a small cramped office where workers are beating on the walls, posters are on the ground, and a old popcorn machine is right next to you.

I was asked to go over my resume, experience, where I want to take my career, and other generic questions. I felt like the director was pretty meek and said cool after every reply. After we were done I was brought into HR's office and went over behavioral questions and salary expectations. The range she gave was extremely low and entry level. I told her that is too low and she said she could bring it up a lot.

A week later I met with the VP who was extremely late and not prepared. He spent most of the interview talking about himself and his experience and the company. Both the Director and VP said there is no room for growth because of their tight budget and decline company sales due to competitors. This position opened up because of turnover due to lack of personal growth and salary compared to experience. I didn't get a chance to ask any questions and he said he had a meeting with the CFO and walked out. He told me to walk myself out of the building and I was never given any additional feedback or what the resolution would be.

Interview Questions

• We have a tight budget and the company is declining, would you accept this salary?
    Myriad cannot promote anyone in 2 years in this position because there is no growth or budget, is that okay?   1 Answer

Myriad Genetics Response

Dec 12, 2016 – Manager of Talent Acquisition

Dear Anonymous-

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best experience possible for our candidates and your feedback with help us as we continue to work on providing the best... More

Other Interview Reviews for Myriad Genetics

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2018.

Interview

My only concern is having taken time off to interview for two separate positions and then never hearing anything in return either yes or no. Contacted the interviewer for the financial analyst position twice via email and never heard back. The first email I can understand because I was just thanking him for his time. The second was after the timeline he gave me was up all I asked for was an update and some feedback if the position was filled. I believe I deserve at least that. But I was disappointed to not hear a word. It seems like a cool company doing cool things. But I’m disappointed that at their communication with potential hires. The position is still open so I can take it I wasn’t a good fit perfectly fine. Still disappointed in the professionalism.