Myriad Genetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply online to set up an interview. Interview took place with 3 interviewers. Decision was made a few weeks later. Approximately 15 people applied so the interviewing process took several weeks. The interview lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize different problems.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

I had both a HireVue and a phone interview. The interviewers were very considerate of my time and schedule. They asked standard questions. Overall I had a very good experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

Very impersonal and disrespectful interview process. I did not speak to a real person. I was simply sent an auto generated link to do a video interview. Five questions flashed up on the screen and I was recorded answering them. I was not able to ask questions about the position, or learn if it was something I was even interested in. I have no idea what it paid. I did not have anyone's information to even follow up. I was simply sent an auto generated email that I was not moving forward after my video interview . Disrespectful interview process and not the type of company I'd want to work for.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions such as what is your strength, tell me about yourself, what frustrates you at work, what do you expect from a supervisor etc . This is an entry level position, so no Technical questions.

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted within 2 weeks to set up on-campus interview. Interviewed with single HR person and then separately with supervisor I would report to and then supervisor gave lab tour. Told they had 2 more people to interview and then would contact me. No offer made.

Production Support/QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

*Impersonal 'HireVue' one-way video interview to even get your foot in the door for a phone interview.

*If you do well on that, you get a phone interview. Where they asked a couple of the same questions from the first interview (the one where your responses were just recorded) which seemed overly redundant and a waste of their time.

*Expect them to ask you a 'S.T.A.R.' question, a 'softskills' question or two, and a couple technical questions.

*Due to ESPP being a 'benefit' for their employees, I decided to ask them about their financial viability due to their stock dropping by a whopping 57% in 2016 alone, and whether or not they could comment on any expectations of that trend reversing.

Suffice it to say they gave me a long winded answer that essentially boiled down to:

"I've been here a long time, I'm pretty confident we will be okay - oh and we just acquired some businesses recently as well" [Which, says they are spending MORE money and not addressing whether or not they are accruing additional revenue.]

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience with production support, and the day to day specifics.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through referral and received an email from HR to schedule one on one interview. It took a few days to get a hold of the recruiter because she never returned the call until a few days later.

Went to the building that had no available parking so had to park and a couple blocks to the office. Director was late and interviewed me in a an area under construction which made things difficult. You would think there would be a better place to be interviewed instead of a small cramped office where workers are beating on the walls, posters are on the ground, and a old popcorn machine is right next to you.

I was asked to go over my resume, experience, where I want to take my career, and other generic questions. I felt like the director was pretty meek and said cool after every reply. After we were done I was brought into HR's office and went over behavioral questions and salary expectations. The range she gave was extremely low and entry level. I told her that is too low and she said she could bring it up a lot.

A week later I met with the VP who was extremely late and not prepared. He spent most of the interview talking about himself and his experience and the company. Both the Director and VP said there is no room for growth because of their tight budget and decline company sales due to competitors. This position opened up because of turnover due to lack of personal growth and salary compared to experience. I didn't get a chance to ask any questions and he said he had a meeting with the CFO and walked out. He told me to walk myself out of the building and I was never given any additional feedback or what the resolution would be.

Interview Questions

• We have a tight budget and the company is declining, would you accept this salary?
      Myriad cannot promote anyone in 2 years in this position because there is no growth or budget, is that okay?   1 Answer

Myriad Genetics Response

Dec 12, 2016 – Manager of Talent Acquisition

Dear Anonymous-

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best experience possible for our candidates and your feedback with help us as we continue to work on providing the best... More

IS/IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Centerville, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a Job Board i applied thru that email... they sent me to a third party vendor Hirevue that they use to do a video interview I actually made time at my current work to do this interview. The VERY NEXT DAY they sent me an email that stated: "Due to extenuating circumstances, Myriad Genetics is unable to fill this position at this time. We hope to reopen this position in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you." Well I HOPE they open this position in the future and i would love to know the backstory behind the "extenuating circumstances" because I would have loved to show this company my strong work ethic and skills!

Interview Questions

• What is a Static IP Address?   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Myriad, at least in my experience, was typical of other companies, with one exception. Online application submitted through Myriad web page. Email received from HireVue, but no phone call or email from Myriad. Completed video interview through HireVue. HireVue follows up with an email saying a Myriad rep will contact about "next steps." And then .... nothing. No response of any kind.

The purpose of this review is to point out that companies that value their employees don't act with such arrogance and disregard. I had no problem with Myriad's decision to not hire me. I'm sure they had their reasons. But I am offended by its misleading message, and utter lack of professionalism. If a prospective employee takes the time to complete their lengthy online application, and then the video interview, Myriad--indeed, ANY prospective employer--should promptly follow up and provide closure. The best companies to work for today do that. And if Myriad can't get that part right, it's very likely they don't get the other parts of the employer-employee relationship right either.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Myriad? Why are you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Myriad Genetics Response

Sep 8, 2015 – Sr. HR Manager

At Myriad we strive to hire and retain amazing employees. We understand the interview process is your first step in learning more about us as a company. We strive to communicate to all of our... More

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

Video interview. You logged into the website and recorded yourself. It was sort of a pre-interview where if they liked you, then they would have an in-person interview with you.