Myriad Genetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Myriad Genetics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

I made it through the first interview, then was interviewed by the Maintenance Manager, as well as a Lead Engineer on the equipment team. They followed up with me the following week to let me know they chose another candidate and the position had been filled. Overall, they were very professional and considerate.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience with electromechanical troubleshooting.   1 Answer

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

Video interview. You logged into the website and recorded yourself. It was sort of a pre-interview where if they liked you, then they would have an in-person interview with you.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call to have an interview for the lab position I applied for online. The person who set up the interview for me emailed me a list of the names of the people I would be interviewing with and their job titles. There were 5 separate interviews over a 2 hour period. First three interviews were with the head honchos of the lab department I was applying with, 4th interview was with a group of lab people, last interview was with the HR person. They all pretty much asked the same questions over and over, "Tell me about yourself," but there were some unexpected questions. One was, "What sets you apart from the other candidates?" and another was, "What is the one thing that you are most concerned about since going through all these interviews today?" Oh, and another one was along the lines of, "The boss is somewhat short with females, how would you deal with that?" That was a weird one! Overall, there were a lot of the general behavioral based questions. The interview process is lengthy but a great chance to learn lots about the company. You'll be able to ask questions of the next interviewer that you were wondering about after talking to the previous interviewer. They made it all seem very promising, and the boss of the lab, who was my first interview of the day, came and spoke to me in the hallway for another 20 minutes after my final interview with HR. After that the receptionist was winking at me on the way out and said, "I'll probably see you again soon." I emailed the following week and was told they were still interviewing. Emailed again a week later, and received an auto generated email from the HR interviewer saying that I was not selected. A week later I received another auto generated email from the company in general saying that they were focusing their attentions on other candidates.

So far this was the only company that did not respond at all when I said, "Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me if there was anything I could've done differently in the interview to have bettered my chances?"

Interview Questions

• What does the pH scale measure? What pH does DNA denature at?   1 Answer

Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, about a month after I applied, then I was brought in for a five and a half hour interview with six different people. Each one was focused on a different aspect, and it was fairly rigorous. I was given the impression that the person I would be working for was fairly demanding, there were a lot of conflicting demands on your time, and they had a somewhat stiff environment they worked in.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected, they mainly focused on how I managed my time and dealt with conflicting requests - apparently the previous employee had struggles with that nature and that is why he/she left.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Phone screen then in-person interview with 5 people

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager in Marketing and then they brought me in for an on site interview about a month later. I interviewed with a total of 6 people. All my interviews were on one day. My first interview was a group interview with three people, including the hiring manager. Next, I interviwed with two other people in the marketing department and last I interviewed with the HR coordinator over the position. The interview consisted of questions and answer only (no tests).

Most of the questions were behavorial based questions such as "Tell me about a time when you..." One individual in particular kept asking me "How do you convince the people you work with to agree with your ideas?" Even though I feel I answered the question very well, he seemed unsatisfied with my answer and kept pressing the question over and over again. It was extremely uncomfortable.

Another individual was adamant that he did not believe I would leave my current company for Myriad- when I explained my situation he accused me of lying, stating flat out "I don't believe you." My intentions were always good and initially I did want the position, but after the interview I knew it was not the right move.

After meeting the Marketing team and having the opportunity to ask them questions, I did not feel like I was a good fit for the position. I withdrew my application a few days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• "What was your best creative idea?" and "What was one piece of feedback you have received that you did not agree with?"   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Atlanta, GA) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process was with area manager, a local counter part, regional manager, the VP of sales and of course human resources. There were about 5 interviews that spanned roughly 6 weeks. It was a very rigorous interview process, but thankfully never included round-robin interviews.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult part was that I was transitioning into the industry so proving my background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted within 2 weeks to set up on-campus interview. Interviewed with single HR person and then separately with supervisor I would report to and then supervisor gave lab tour. Told they had 2 more people to interview and then would contact me. No offer made.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Apply online to set up an interview. Interview took place with 3 interviewers. Decision was made a few weeks later. Approximately 15 people applied so the interviewing process took several weeks. The interview lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize different problems.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions such as what is your strength, tell me about yourself, what frustrates you at work, what do you expect from a supervisor etc . This is an entry level position, so no Technical questions.