Myriad Genetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Myriad Genetics Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics.

Interview

Very disorganized. You have submit your resume for one job then they just send it out to all managers so you may interview for a completely different Job then you applied for and will not know until the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation it was simple take it or leave it. There is a glut of applicants so they do not have to make good offers.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through referral and received an email from HR to schedule one on one interview. It took a few days to get a hold of the recruiter because she never returned the call until a few days later.

Went to the building that had no available parking so had to park and a couple blocks to the office. Director was late and interviewed me in a an area under construction which made things difficult. You would think there would be a better place to be interviewed instead of a small cramped office where workers are beating on the walls, posters are on the ground, and a old popcorn machine is right next to you.

I was asked to go over my resume, experience, where I want to take my career, and other generic questions. I felt like the director was pretty meek and said cool after every reply. After we were done I was brought into HR's office and went over behavioral questions and salary expectations. The range she gave was extremely low and entry level. I told her that is too low and she said she could bring it up a lot.

A week later I met with the VP who was extremely late and not prepared. He spent most of the interview talking about himself and his experience and the company. Both the Director and VP said there is no room for growth because of their tight budget and decline company sales due to competitors. This position opened up because of turnover due to lack of personal growth and salary compared to experience. I didn't get a chance to ask any questions and he said he had a meeting with the CFO and walked out. He told me to walk myself out of the building and I was never given any additional feedback or what the resolution would be.

Interview Questions

• We have a tight budget and the company is declining, would you accept this salary?
      Myriad cannot promote anyone in 2 years in this position because there is no growth or budget, is that okay?
      1 Answer

Myriad Genetics Response

Dec 12, 2016 – Manager of Talent Acquisition

Dear Anonymous- Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best experience possible for our candidates and your feedback with help us as we continue to work on providing the best ... More

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Lot's of questions about my education and background. The team interview was great! The team was strong on the testing side so there wasn't a lot of Java engineering questions from the group. The team seemed to really like working with each other.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a project that was difficult but your solution was considered elegant?   1 Answer

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Met with department manager, asked a series of behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Be prepared to give more than one example for each question asked.

Interview Questions

• asked to give another example then receiving no response after answer. Only a blank stare... other employees have stated same experience. Used as an interview tactic most likely.   Answer Question

Negotiation

little negotiation, I was in need of a job.

Lab Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

At first there was video Interview online during which you simply recorded yourself answering whatever question. process followed by in person interview with three people: superior, manager , and HR department.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you are a good fit for this position   1 Answer

IS/IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Centerville, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a Job Board i applied thru that email... they sent me to a third party vendor Hirevue that they use to do a video interview I actually made time at my current work to do this interview. The VERY NEXT DAY they sent me an email that stated: "Due to extenuating circumstances, Myriad Genetics is unable to fill this position at this time. We hope to reopen this position in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you." Well I HOPE they open this position in the future and i would love to know the backstory behind the "extenuating circumstances" because I would have loved to show this company my strong work ethic and skills!

Interview Questions

• What is a Static IP Address?   1 Answer

Lab Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2013.

Interview

It was fairly relaxed. I met with two of the supervisors of my lab, talked with them, got a tour of the lab then they asked me some questions and that was about it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for different positions at Myriad. One in May with the breat cancer geneticing testing deivision I had a phone screen that took approximatley one hour. I asked if he had any objections and he said no. Unfortunatley I found that both before the phone interview and after the interview we played phone tag constantly. A week after our phone interview we were ablet to set a face to face interview. Unfortunately, cirucmstances beyond my control came up and I had to cancel and attempt to reschedule the interview. I never so much as a got a call back. I assumed in a tight economy he could afford to pass me up and that it may be customary to never return a call, email, recruiters call etc when someone cannot make an interview.
    However, five months later I received another call from my recruiter that a job had opened with Myriad. It was for a different division but still in sales and working with medical professionals. Again, I played phone tag for days with the hiring manager ( a different one than the previous). She waited days to return calls and email. We finally did an initial phone screen and she was excited to move forward. She requested a face to face interview. I almost declined the offer because she missed 2 of our phone appointments. Once was for a work emergency and once because she didn't read her email thoroughly. We finally meet at a local coffee shop. The interview lasts 1 hour and 41 minutes. I assume it went well and asked what the next step was and if she had any objections to moving forward. she said "no" and she would call me Friday. At the end of the day Friday, I email her to follow up as I should. I think call Monday, Wednesday, etc. My recruiter also called. The bottom line is she never called or emailed me back. I am most irriatated in that I am currently employed in sales and I wasted a tremoundous amount of time to not even get a "no".
    After my interview experience, I would never want to work for company that has such poor communication skills in its managers, lack of respect for others, and leniacy for a person who was actually hopilized and couldn't make an interview. I would hate to see if I worked for them how they would treat me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were...proud of a deal you picked up, were told no, you were rejected, etc   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your learning style...hwo did you overcome learning challenges   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

Great tie to social media. I was able to locate the position via LinkedIn.
    I was originally contacted from the hiring manager who talked to me about my background and experience. Next I met in person with the hiring manager and other leaders from Myriad. My last interview was with Area Director.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my relationships with Hospitals and my exerience selling to doctors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Myriad came forward with a great offer! No negotiation was needed.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myriad Genetics (Foothill, UT).

Interview

Take a test if they want to interview you, and you must pass the test. Then you will have an interview with usually 3-4 people. I like it because I got to know a lot of the people I was about to work with and the environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was easy and smooth.