Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

2.2

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN).

Interview

Interview process is easy

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work with a diverse group of people   1 Answer

Assistant Banquet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted application online. HR called that day. I went by HR office and took culinary tests 1 and 2. HR was great; very supportive and helpful. They got me an interview within a day. Interviewing manager did not appear polished or prepared. HR followed up when I contacted them, and forwarded messages I had for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The manager I interviewed with had been there 18 years and had no experience elsewhere; limited knowledge of industry. She gave me a brief tour of area. She spoke more of herself and the person that left, rather than interviewing me. She asked about my availability, why I wanted the job, and stressed how hard the work was. After about 30 minutes of questions, she called another manager in to do a follow up interview. Good basic questions from second manager.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

The overall experience of the interview wasn't bad, though I will say it was a little unprofessional due to the format of the interview and the fact that the email describing my instructions prior to the interview and how to actually get to the interview didn't arrive until i was already on my way to said interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the most difficult moment in my career in which a colleague and I did not agree on something and how I resolved it.   Answer Question

Box Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. They just called me and set up an appointment for the interview. I did the interview and was offered the job. Before you're allowed to work there, you must pass a drug test and, background check and credit check. They also finger print you. All of this is because you have to get your gaming license to work for the casino

Interview Questions

• Work experience, education,   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN).

Interview

I applied on a Friday and was called by a recruiter on Monday for an interview on Tuesday. The interview began at the Human Resources building which is separate from the casino. My initial impression was not great considering I had to walk through a cloud of smoke from a group of people smoking literally right outside the door. I was brought into a little room containing two chairs and a computer and was given two tasks to complete in 30 minutes. The first was editing a memo of spelling and grammar mistakes. The second was writing a business memo about why I would be the best candidate for the job. I then spoke with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. This was not enough time and I felt rushed as she was obviously very busy. They told me they would be calling me in a couple days and the recruiter did. The second interview was at the casino in the business offices with the hiring manager and the director. The hiring manager was professional and very friendly, but the director did not dress professionally and gave an impression of not liking his job, trying to intimidate me, or simply didn't want to waste his time interviewing me. I left the interview with a bad taste in my mouth after that experience.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was given was if I had experience working with people who have gambling addiction and how I feel about that.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.

Interview

Obviously this is a Native American owned organization and they do offer Native American preference. You will need to undergo a full background check and finger printing. I believe the hiring process is different for each department, but for marketing it was an interview the HR department then the department manager. Be prepared to work holidays, evenings and weekends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was pleased with the offer and benefits up front and accepted. Not much option for negotiating.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Shakopee, MN).

Interview

AWFUL

The Recruiter was incredibly lazy, unprofessional, and full of lies.

I had applied to be an Administrative Assistant and got a call from the lady about a week later. Unfortunately, I was in a doctors appointment when she called. She had left a voicemail to call her back and/or to email her and set up a phone interview. I called her back maybe 40 minutes after she had called me, left a voicemail, and emailed her, and after 3 days I heard no response. I gave her another call a 2 days after this and left a voicemail, still resulting in no call or email back. I left ANOTHER voicemail and sent an email 3 days following my last attempt...ending with no luck. About 2 weeks after receiving the initial voicemail from her inviting me for a phone interview, I got an email from her saying I was not qualified enough for the position and would no longer be considered!

WTH?! She originally contacted me leaving a voicemail saying I had a good background!

It makes me think she ONLY called me to show she "tried" to interview a certain number of potential candidates in order to reach a pre-specified requirement from a manager.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.

Interview

Phone screen then in-person. Was told that there were well over 100 applicants. Cumbersome amount of information required on background check, but standard interview questions and skills tests. Waited a while to hear back, and then was rushed to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience I had doing this type of work.   1 Answer

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Found the position available on the Mystic Lake Website. They called me to come in for an interview with two people in human resources. They gave you a math based test. Then brought you in for an immediate follow up.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about a job at Mystic Lake?   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel in December 2018.

Interview

Applied here for a hotel front desk job they had posted. Recruiter had contacted me to come in for an in-person interview with her. She was too busy, so she had me interview with someone at the hotel. Long story short, I was offered the job but then never heard from them again. The recruiter was supposed to get back to me about hiring paperwork.

In more detail....

When I got to the interview, the recruiter wasn't even available to do the interview because she had too much work to do. Instead, she sent me to meet with one of the front desk supervisors. When I arrived to meet with the supervisor, I was informed that she wasn't even there. Instead, some guy (who was not a recruiter nor a supervisor) ended up interviewing me. The interview did go well, I was actually offered the job right on the spot. I was told to go back to the recruiter and to talk with her about the next steps in the hiring process. I went back to meet with the recruiter only to find that she was still too busy. After waiting about 15 minutes, she did come out to talk more about the hiring process. She started off by asking for my passport or social security card and Photo ID so she can have them to start the paperwork. Ummm what? I was only supposed to be there for an interview and not at all expecting I'd be offered a job on the spot, so why would I have any forms of identification on me besides a license? Anyway, she told me I had to come back to her with the proper identification documents.

I also had several questions for her regarding the position, like what days would I work and what would my schedule be. She said she couldn't answer them and said I should try calling the front desk management sometime later and ask. I mentioned how I would need to know what days I'd have off because of family life. The recruiter said she'd too try and find the answers to my questions. She said she'd call me on Monday the following week to set up another meeting so that she'd actually have time to properly meet with me, copy my documents, and find answers to remaining questions.

Fast forward two weeks, I never heard anything back from the recruiter; I tried calling her and emailing her. Also, I tried calling the hotel Front Desk management twice, they did answer once, but the person who could answer my scheduling questions wasn't their that day. The person who did answer my call (Assistant Manager) said to call back the next day. The next day call I made wasn't answered, and they never returned my voicemail.

Overall, quite a clustered, unorganized experience. Very unprofessional employees..... they literally offered me the job but then simply never got back to me. I'm not sure if I'm more annoyed with the recruiter or the management...they both lacked in professionalism.