Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.6

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia Heights, Anoka, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Columbia Heights, Anoka, MN).

Interview

Spoke with iffice manager on phone. She then set up interviview with 2 gentlemen whom were very easy to communicate with. They asked several questions, to which I answered. Then asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in DAV?   1 Answer

Assistant Banquet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted application online. HR called that day. I went by HR office and took culinary tests 1 and 2. HR was great; very supportive and helpful. They got me an interview within a day. Interviewing manager did not appear polished or prepared. HR followed up when I contacted them, and forwarded messages I had for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The manager I interviewed with had been there 18 years and had no experience elsewhere; limited knowledge of industry. She gave me a brief tour of area. She spoke more of herself and the person that left, rather than interviewing me. She asked about my availability, why I wanted the job, and stressed how hard the work was. After about 30 minutes of questions, she called another manager in to do a follow up interview. Good basic questions from second manager.   1 Answer

Blackjack Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN).

Interview

go into hr and do a math test. And a common sense questionnaire. Walked the building. You learn real quick that you are there for the tribe and the older tribe members will help you.

Interview Questions

• Ask how I would handle situations and math questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.

Interview

Phone screen then in-person. Was told that there were well over 100 applicants. Cumbersome amount of information required on background check, but standard interview questions and skills tests. Waited a while to hear back, and then was rushed to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience I had doing this type of work.   1 Answer

Casino Floor Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.

Interview

Received call from recruiter, made appointment for next day. Interviewed with him, went over to the casino to meet with hiring manager, received official offer, and passed drug screening that same day. Passed a background screening, and the gaming commission for a gaming license about two days after that. Started orientation a week after the first initial phone call. Be prepared, wear a casual suit.

IT Service Desk Specialist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.

Interview

IT took 2 weeks for the interview process. First you have to pass the phone interview before you can do person to person interview. Questions were basic, just asking about work experiences, your strength, your weakness, and so on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel.

Interview

Obviously this is a Native American owned organization and they do offer Native American preference. You will need to undergo a full background check and finger printing. I believe the hiring process is different for each department, but for marketing it was an interview the HR department then the department manager. Be prepared to work holidays, evenings and weekends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was pleased with the offer and benefits up front and accepted. Not much option for negotiating.

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Found the position available on the Mystic Lake Website. They called me to come in for an interview with two people in human resources. They gave you a math based test. Then brought you in for an immediate follow up.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about a job at Mystic Lake?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

The overall experience of the interview wasn't bad, though I will say it was a little unprofessional due to the format of the interview and the fact that the email describing my instructions prior to the interview and how to actually get to the interview didn't arrive until i was already on my way to said interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the most difficult moment in my career in which a colleague and I did not agree on something and how I resolved it.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prior Lake, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel (Prior Lake, MN).

Interview

Interview process is easy