N.F. Smith & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at N.F. Smith & Associates

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a telephonic interview with Solution Architect who contacted me post my application on the college recruitment board. The conversation revolved around my experience and college projects and other behavioral questions. I was told that I would be informed about the next rounds in a week's time. It has been more than 1.5 months and I never heard from the team back. Followed up multiple time, but no response.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself, general questions from resume and skills   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates (Houston, TX).

Interview

Simple no questions because they do not know why they are recruiting this candidate.

Negotiation

They offer very less salary

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I had one interview that was conducted over the webcam. I dressed appropriately for the interview and then the webcam failed halfway through and it wound up essentially being a phone call.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve issues in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter as soon as applied. She was very friendly and professional. She asked great questions and spent time discussing the position and company. Sent a confirmation email of my interview with great details. The interview managers were nice and experienced professionals.

Interview Questions

• How do you get past the gate keeper in your past sales positions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Brief and to the point. They really need to determine your sales drive and ability as the job is not for everyone. You definitely need to have a positive and outgoing attitude to break down doors into the OEM and excess markets. Industry experience preferable but not required.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

6 managers interviewed me. Interviewed completed in Houston, TX office. Found this job through UC Berkeley job fair. Friendly interviewers. Good introduction to the company. Wide range of cultures. Flew me down from San Francisco Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• How will your knowledge of Spanish help you in the long run as you develop in this company?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed 3 times with 2 different people. Human resouces was a positive interview and the the hiring manager seem like a positive interview. After the last interview i was never contact by anyone. I sent several e-mails and let several messages. Finally i was told someone else had been selected.

Interview Questions

• Where did i see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates (Houston, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of their HR representatives. The phone call was probably like 15 minutes long. I was told I’d be given a call if they decided to have me go in to interview. It’s been over a week and I have not heard anything. I sent a follow up email and no one has replied. I would have appreciated a decline email at least.

Interview Questions

• She asked things like “What makes you a good candidate for the position?” and also asked if I had any previous experience   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates.

Interview

One round of phone interview, the second round of on-campus interview (face-to-face), and the last round is on-site visit. The overall process has been pretty smoothly and the questions asked are in average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how you deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at N.F. Smith & Associates (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I was asked to meet with the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Administrative Office and the former CFO, who is currently in a special project role. Each of them was very friendly and easy to talk to. The conversations were casual with a mixture of professional topics as well as personal interests. They were understanding of my need to schedule around other commitments for the day. They checked with me throughout the interview to make sure I was doing ok on time.

Interview Questions

• They asked what skills I could bring to the role that would help me be successful.   1 Answer