N2 Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

N2 Publishing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.5

Software Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at N2 Publishing.

Interview

The first interview was by phone and consisted of basic competency questions. The interviewer was friendly and knowledgable. Later was a face-to face meeting that was more like a "getting to know you" type of interview, mostly evaluating culture.

Interview Questions

• You have an array that can hold 100 numbers, a[0] through a[99]. In that array every number is >= 100 and no values repeat, but there are only 99 numbers. How would you find the number that is missing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was cursory, confirming my background as stated on my resume. They use it as a qualifier for a second interview with a sales director, where I'll be able to get answers to many specific questions I have. As to "Did I get an offer" as asked below, no, because that was just the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself - your career.   1 Answer

Area Publications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Salem, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Screening call, then another screening call, review their documents, and then another call. I chose to withdraw, once I reviewed the franchise offer, because I'm looking for a job, which is what they are advertising -- a job and NOT a franchise opportunity. The company has been in business since 2004 and has virtually no assets. It looks like the owners just suck the value out of the company and could walk away at any time, leaving their franchisees with nothing.
     The whole thing just seemed so dishonest and unethical.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in advertising sales?   1 Answer

Jun 20, 2017 – Content Strategist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns. Our Area Director opportunity is unique in that it allows you to be your own boss, make your own schedule and determine your own salary while still... More

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Wilmington, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application and received a prompt reply. I asked for an extremely reasonable, and quite frankly, low salary requirement on the application. They replied asking me how low I was willing to be paid - which I found EXTREMELY unprofessional and indicative of how they value their employees.

Did not get an offer, presumably because they hired more 'fresh' talent who'd be willing to start at a much lower rate. I would not recommend N2 as a place of work - as they clearly are not interested in paying people their worth.

Interview Questions

• You're asking for more money than we're willing to pay, how low can you go?   1 Answer

Mar 20, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Hi there,

We hate to hear that you came away from your interview with a negative experience, so we would like to clarify some concerns for you. As for the starting salary, we never intended to... More

Area Director (Advertising Sales) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Bay City, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

In total there was 5 interviews.

I applied via LinkedIn and was called by a talent acquisitionist , who directed me to watch a few videos to further determine that I was interested in the position. I watched the video and did my first interview with her.

The talent acquisitionist will approve you to have an interview with a sales director, in my case I was dealing with the Midwest regional director. This is the individual who will be deciding if you are a good fit for N2 Publishing. For all interviews I had called what I call my leader for each interview.

The phone interview process is very laid back, not any on the spot crazy questions at all. A lot of them are questions to determine whether your a good fit for their culture deck and they really want to make sure your a good fit.

I was welcomed to the N2 team on my 5th interview and will be heading to Chicago to train 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience   Answer Question
    • Where do you want your professional life to be?   Answer Question
    • What would your most recent coworker say about your goals and aspirations?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a big challenge you had in your life that you had to use flexibility and determination to get through.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and my interviewer, Lucas, was extremely informative and clear with me about the position and the company. I really appreciated his honesty and commitment to making sure that this opportunity would be a good fit for both of us. Before we had the phone interview scheduled they sent me an email with links to some videos so that I could familiarize myself with the company, their mission statement, and compensation. Watching the videos allowed me to prepare for the questions I wanted to ask and gave me the chance to learn enough about the company and the opportunity so that I could see if I thought we would be a good fit.
    I was very impressed with everything I learned about N2 Publishing. I thank Lucas for taking his time to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for regarding your career?
      Tell me about your work experience   Answer Question

Dec 13, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We'll be sure to share with Lucas.

Best,
    Katherine

Area Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at N2 Publishing in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for an Area Director position and spoke to someone in HR first. She explained the position to me and the process of starting up a publication. After discovering that it takes 3-4 months to get to the $6k mark in order to publish a publication, I lost interest due to the fact that you are a 1099 and would not be getting paid during that time frame unless you sold in to another existing publication. This position is pretty unique and would be fun if you could handle not being paid much during that 3-4 months, but this is not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what you are currently looking for?   1 Answer

Dec 13, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing! We know the opportunity doesn't work for everyone, but we appreciate your willingness to check it out. Please do keep us in mind for the future if your circumstances change... More

Area Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at N2 Publishing in November 2016.

Interview

Brought me through the whole interview process just to tell me that they don't work with full time students and I'd have to email them when I graduated. Clearly didn't actually read my resume which said I was a student graduating this year

Interview Questions

N2 Publishing Response

Hi there,

I regret to see that you feel you had a negative experience with us. We have had students work with us in the past, but N2 does take a full-time commitment, especially in the beginning... More

Area Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I was prepared, did research on N2. The Glassdoor employee reviews are mostly raving because they make money. However, there is another, much darker side to the process. A lot of people get hurt in the process. Specifically the advertisers, that get no ROI on their investments. The concept is nonsense. People don't need to read ads about businesses in their little area, they know them, unless they live like moles. Only business owners go to the community meetings and exchange business cards...

I confronted the recruiter with my concerns and she immediately got defensive. "This is going in a negative direction," she stated irritated. When I brought up the issue of no ROI for the advertisers, the conversation got tense. Finally, after I mentioned that the whole Christian aspect was bogus, she had enough. "This is not a good fit, sir", she said and hung up on me...

A clever scam that only benefits the founders, who make millions under the cover of being people, family and God oriented. The Christian aspect is very troubling, because it's exactly the opposite that's happening. It's all about money, ruthless if need be. N2 won't shy away from lawsuits to force disgruntled advertisers to honor their long term contracts (up to 4 years!?), even when owners went out of business. Beware and steer clear!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Oct 3, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear about your perspective on our company, but I am looking forward to the opportunity to change it.

I'd like to start by addressing your concern that we are not a... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

We scheduled the interview through e-mail, then I received a lady asked me to tell me something about myself. I answered the question. She asked if I can accept to receive the salary after 3 month and I said I'm ok with it.