NARAS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at NARAS

GRAMMY U Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NARAS (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

A fairly standard interview process with the Executive Director and Sr. Membership and Project Manager of the chapter. It was a small panel and the questions were nothing out of the ordinary. As long as you thought about what the job would entail, the questions were not impossible to answer.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to prepare for an event?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NARAS (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Brief and amazing interview process. I had 3 meetings in 2 weeks. Decided to decline because this company seems as the reviews depict. As cool as it sounds to work for the Grammys, it seems like there is no creativity, no forward-thinking approach to social media or new technologies. Seems that they want to get there, but don't want to invest in developing an in-house creative team to grow into the times. Old school music industry. Staff was super nice, polite, and seemed like great people to work with, however, it didn't look like there would be much growth creatively at this company.

Membership Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NARAS (Doral, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, first one for describing job's tasks and information on company. Second one to meet one one with the CFO and talk about your experience. The Hiring manager was extremely polite and young. The place is neat and exclusive.

Interview Questions

• Same basic questions as anywhere else.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NARAS (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Brought in for interview about department and music as a whole. Was comprehensive regarding the industry and is important that you understand the music industry as a whole and how your department plays a role in that. Research on the company and the department is crucial.

GRAMMY U Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NARAS (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Skype or in person interview to start then about five different phone interviews with a higher member of management on each call.

The First skype interview is a very simple get to know each other process between you and who you would work with all year (the project manager). The phone interviews are another get to you a bit more just now with somebody higher up in the company. Somebody higher up joins for each progressive call.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NARAS (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Process was broken down into two phone interviews with executive director, administrative assistant, and assistant in Los Angeles. They all asked great questions and were very easy going. They were excited that I had a reference from a previous intern and welcomed me even at the interview stage.

Interview Questions

• Beyond the music association, why The Recording Academy?   Answer Question