NASA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NASA Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.1

Intern Interview

Interview

there was not a interview process. only talk on the phone about guidance and what we were going t o do the summer. instructions of what we had to do and mainly training on site

Other Interview Reviews for NASA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NASA in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for an internship position in November, and heard back asking for a phone interview in March. The interview was very casual. Half of the interview was discussing personal information to get to know me. The other half was elaborating on research/projects I've been involved in that are related to the internship. I heard back three weeks later, and accepted the internship offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NASA in December 2016.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Behavior question. A month later, called to conduct a video interview. Manager asked 6 questions and that was it. 45 mins later received a call offering me the internship and i accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why did i chose my major.
      Weakness and strength
      How well do i work in a team
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NASA (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter asking me if I was interested in applying for a position they had open. I said I was interested and they interviewed me in the spot. They asked some questions about why I wanted to work for NASA, why I picked my major, my leadership skills and research related questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NASA?
      Tell us a little bit about your experience with SysML
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NASA (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a summer internship at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX. I applied online and about a week after I submitted my application, I received a phone call from one of the recruiters. They asked me why I wanted to work for NASA and other questions pertaining to my resume. After I answered the questions, I was offered the internship on the spot and I accepted. Overall process was very simple.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NASA (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 months after I applied, I received an email saying I was being considered for the opportunity. We scheduled a phone interview shortly after and it lasted ~30 minutes and was basic behavioral. I was mostly asked about my resume and experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NASA in February 2015.

Interview

Simple phone interview then a follow up phone interview, then from there I was contacted from another higher ranking manager and interviewed. Then shortly after that I was called with a offer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NASA.

Interview

Interview Process was pretty simple and straight forward. Mostly behavioral type questions. However, the questions can be difficult if you are not prepared for it. If you have projects that you have worked with NASA in the past, make sure you mention them and make sure to be prepared to answer why you want to work for NASA and where you want to work as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you have exhibited leadership to resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NASA in December 2014.

Interview

I applied to one of their internship positions online. I didn't hear back for another week until I got an emailing telling me to send my transcript over. After I did that I waited with no reply for about two months until I recieved an email asking to do a phone interview. After I had one phone interview asking about my life and telling me about the job description I had another phone interview later that week. Finally, I got an offer a week after my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular, they just wanted to get to know you and see if you liked the job description and asked about your classes and relevant experiences.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NASA.

Interview

Applied on college's career website. A few weeks later, human resources emailed and asked to send more information because the department was interested. Then HR set up a 30 minute phone interview for the following week. After interview, was notified within a few days. Was given less than a week to decide.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation