NASA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NASA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NASA in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted a couple weeks after application. He talked about NASA a little bit and the types of work that was typically done during the internship. He then asked me some basic questions about myself and why I wanted to intern at NASA. Interview was straightforward with roughly 50/50 behavioral technical questions.

Quality Control Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NASA (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

We talk about my Skills i was given a Inspection Test, I think i done good i was
    never told. last words we are interviewing other candicates. i was a good Interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you ran into a problem that did not understand ?

Answer: Stop what i am doing and find the right solution.
      1 Answer

JSC Pathways Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NASA (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied sometime in late May before my spring semester ended. I got an email in early to mid June offering me an interview. It was a phone interview and on the other end was a panel of three interviewers. The interview was four behavioral questions - most centralized around teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a team/group member and how you approached the conflict.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were on a team and were successful.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took ownership of a project to ensure its success.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NASA in April 2015.

Interview

I Applied online on USA jobs and got an email 3 weeks later to set a phone interview. the date and time was selected, there were panel of three people asked general questions first.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NASA (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of four interviewers. Like most Federal agencies, NASA uses dumb and irrelevant questions like "where do you see yourself in five years?" and "what is your greatest weakness?" The hiring manager should be able to hire based on how well they think a candidate will fit in with the organization, not left to a panel in which some on the panel won't have to live with the consequences of making a bad hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if you could not get the information you needed through formal management chains of command?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NASA in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was through and very informative. The questions were directly related to position. The staff were professional and answered questions in detail. Positon described in detail regarding job responsibilities and knowledge required.

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NASA (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Typically rote, government-style interview. Tour of facility, met with two executive producers. They asked questions in a check-the-box manner than made me think they had already picked an internal candidate and were just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• You have such an interesting background. If you get this job, aren't you going to have buyer's remorse?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NASA.

Interview

Applied at school job fair, interviewed a few days later. Standard behavioral interview. Very personable. Not difficult.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clear Lake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NASA (Clear Lake, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Submitted application via email, heard back around 3 weeks later with a phone call to set up a time for a videoconference interview. I was instructed to download specific software to use for the interview. The videoconference interview was with a group of four people from HR and Communications departments. Pretty normal softball questions asked: "Why do you want to work here?" "What do you want to contribute?", etc. Barely asked about prior work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specific reasons why college GPA was "on the low end" of the range they had suggested on application.   Answer Question

Intern Engineer Interview

Interview

contacted by HR rep and asked basic interview questions, schedule of internship had been bumped back already due to funding, job opening was eventually cancelled