NASA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NASA Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Interview

there was not a interview process. only talk on the phone about guidance and what we were going t o do the summer. instructions of what we had to do and mainly training on site

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NASA (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with different departments of NASA Glenn. They mostly talked about what projects I would be participating in their department. Of course I was asked why I wanted to intern and about my experience in different computer programs.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NASA in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for an internship position in November, and heard back asking for a phone interview in March. The interview was very casual. Half of the interview was discussing personal information to get to know me. The other half was elaborating on research/projects I've been involved in that are related to the internship. I heard back three weeks later, and accepted the internship offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NASA in December 2016.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Behavior question. A month later, called to conduct a video interview. Manager asked 6 questions and that was it. 45 mins later received a call offering me the internship and i accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why did i chose my major.
      Weakness and strength
      How well do i work in a team
      Answer Question

Nasa Pathways Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NASA (Long Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in late September on the pathways website and received an email notifying me that I would move on to the next round in mid-October. I had a web-session interview with a panel of hiring managers. The interview was about 30 minutes long but seemed shorter since the panelists were all very passionate about their jobs and the time seemed to fly. The conversation was very natural and not at all intimidating. We discussed my current focus in my master's program and the important issues facing space exploration today. As the interview was wrapping up, they informed me that I would hear back regarding a decision around Thanksgiving.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NASA in July 2016.

Interview

It was a very simple interview. I talked with the researcher that I would work for about what I was doing at school and we simply talked. I was informed that some intern positions did not get any applications so it's encouraged to simply apply since there's nothing to lose.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NASA (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter asking me if I was interested in applying for a position they had open. I said I was interested and they interviewed me in the spot. They asked some questions about why I wanted to work for NASA, why I picked my major, my leadership skills and research related questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NASA?
      Tell us a little bit about your experience with SysML
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NASA in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted a couple weeks after application. He talked about NASA a little bit and the types of work that was typically done during the internship. He then asked me some basic questions about myself and why I wanted to intern at NASA. Interview was straightforward with roughly 50/50 behavioral technical questions.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NASA in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a handful of positions at NASA Langley in Virginia and interviewed for two of them, then was offered one. I was contacted for interviews about 3 weeks after applying, and heard back a week after the interviews. They were mostly painless with predictable questions (biggest weakness? accomplishment you are most proud of? why would you work well on a team? what did you get out of previous experience in the subject area of the internship? etc.) and lasted about 30 minutes each. The first one was very awkward and just a series of questions and answers without a real conversation (wasn't offered this position), but the second one was very pleasant and I had a nice long chat with the interviewer about the subject matter (I was offered this position). As far as I know, HR does a screening process on the written applications but the actual interviews and hiring decisions are done by the research scientists that you work directly with. They told us that when I applied, there were about 10,000 applicants for 200 spots.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness on a team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NASA.

Interview

There was no interview. I just submitted a detailed application on USAJobs. The process took several months before the hiring staff notified that I got the job. Then it took another couple of months for them to complete background investigation.