NASA Marshall Space Flight Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through OSSI SOLAR, the website that NASA uses for all internship and fellow applications. Then had a short phone interview from the project mentor who was screening candidates and seeing if they would be able to work effectively in a team. I received a phone call a few weeks later with the internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences that make you a good fit for this internship.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Apply through the website by March. You get to choose up to 15 internship positions. People in charge of the projects will call you to check your background. It is one round interview.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center.

Interview

There was no interview process outside of applying online. This was astonishing because being a cultural fit and being able to effectively talk to people cannot be judged solely on an online application. I would like to see an effort to try to filter out some of the ineffective government employees, starting with an interview process.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center.

Interview

It was a very relaxed, phone interview with my potential supervisor. Basic questions about how i work best and why I chose engineering. He told me a bit about the project he wanted me to work on and basically offered me the job if I was willing to take the spring and summer off to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to study engineering?   1 Answer

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online with an employee referral. A few months went by, and I received an offer through email. There was no phone interview or on-site interview. It was an incredibly easy process.

Interview Questions

• There were a few questions embedded in the online application. One question asked how NASA would benefit from hiring me.   1 Answer

Fall Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center.

Interview

Every potential hire will need to fill out an application through the OSSI website portal. The interview process will primarily depend on which organization or location chooses to hire you, but typically interviews are initially conducted over the phone. Most of the time, especially in regards to internship, there is not official interview process, you are either chosen for the opportunity and can simply accept or decline. If you accept then you will likely be working with people closely at which ever center you are located, and during the end of your term and exit-interview will be done.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this opportunity?   Answer Question

GIS Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a panel that i met with. It was in a dimly lit room and the panel was very professional. They did not attempt to intimidate me or anything. I always raise the chair in the room, as many interviewers try to place the chair on the lowest setting to throw you off. This brings you eye to eye with your interviewer. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What does NASA stand for.
      Why NASA.
      How can you contribute.
      How do you stand out.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an email with the offer... there was no counter offer. It was an intern position and I was more than glad to take the opportunity. Money isn't everything!!

Software Programming Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center.

Interview

I received an email informing me that I was being considered for a summer internship at the Marshal Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. They wanted to set up a phone interview that week, which I did. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. She started by asking me some details about items from my application. Mostly just verifying information I had entered in my initial application. After that she told me a little bit about the project I would be working on, some of the details about the internship in general and asked me about my programming experience. Then I asked a few questions about the internship and the project. Finally she asked me a couple interview question. Neither of the questions where very difficult or unexpected. The first question was tell me about a time in your life when you had to solve a problem. The other question was tell me about a time when you had to do multiple things at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your life when you had to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do multiple things at the same time.   Answer Question

PR and Outreach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center in April 2018.

Interview

Involved a twenty minute phone call where I was asked about my experiences and interests. Relatively relaxed. I was speaking to two people who were apart of the department. It was done over the phone, but I had the option of Skype/Facetime.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center in February 2011.

Interview

NASA hires directly from its Co-op program, while summer internships show you what NASA is like and is great on a resume, strive for a co-op position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The scheduling of your co-op academic semesters (i.e summer, fall, spring) Must do three job rotations