NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Interview

Phone interview for a 8 month coop program during university - team lead called and asked a series of questions about college experience. Called back shortly thereafter and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a design project in your ME program?   1 Answer

Electronic Parts Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (Pasadena, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I received an email for a phone interview. I had the interview the next day and person interviewing me went over my resume and asked about the projects I've been involved in. I talked about a project that I learned the most from. Interview only took about 15 to 20 minutes and I am waiting to hear any email responses for my application.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Interview

I applied online and I interviewed at the lab in May. The whole process took about a week. That same week they called me to tell me that I got the position.

Pressure Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in there beginning of January 2017, at the end of the month got a call from someone working with the hiring team (not hr). Asked if I can interview in two days over the phone. I agreed.

Interview Questions

• Interview went awesome except for the last question:
      Do you have green card or citizenship?
      My answer was: No Sir.
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in May 2017.

Interview

Process was the smoothest and most pleasant experience I have ever had, and I have done many interviews with large tech companies. The manager who interviewed me was very knowledgeable, intelligent, and down to earth (haha get it). Some of the traits they seem to like is passion, curiosity, and commitment to your life work.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Interview

Applied through JPL's internship portal (There are two! One is a general submission, the other is for specific positions - many people do not know this!). I was contact by a section supervisor and had a short (~30 minute) phone interview. I was contacted under a week later and offered a position for the summer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was a pretty standard interview. I wasn't asked any technical questions. Mostly about explaining my resume, why I wanted to work for JPL, and if I knew what Software Quality Assurance is. The interviewer was extremely patient and kind. I felt as if I was just having a casual chat with an employee, rather than an interview.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (Pasadena, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy going interview. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. We went over items on my resume and why I was interested in JPL.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Interview

It was a campus interview, applicants are selected for 30min one on one sessions with each group interested in hiring the applicant. I went through my resume with the hiring manager, talked about projects I have worked on, and then there was a list of behavioral questions.

Member of the Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

I spent the day on campus rotating through different groups and speaking with supervisors. It was very conversational and focused on what the groups worked on and what I was interested in. In other words, the interviews were more about establishing a fit rather than testing technical ability. This is possibly due to the fact that I have a PhD and so my technical abilities were already vetted -- I also had to give a 45 min seminar. A few groups weren't hiring but it was still valuable to speak with them.