NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in April 2012.

Interview

Got interview through employee referral. One on one phone interview with potential mentor. A few technical questions, mostly seemed to be gauging my interest and ability to pick up new things on the job. Asked a few solid modelling questions which were a bit difficult to answer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on teaching yourself with minimal guidance or supervision?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in January 2011.

Interview

Met 1:1 with several potential colleagues and supervisors. The on-site interviews lasted an entire day. Interviews were largely technical questions about my past experiences and education, sprinkled with several "logic riddles." The closed-room with three light bulbs and three switches conundrum is a well-known example of this type. Most of the other logic questions were more challenging and more technical. The interviews are great fun if you enjoy these kinds of puzzles; if not, the experience would be torture.

All-in-all, the interviewers were very supportive and want you to succeed. There was no indication of competitiveness – if you got stuck on one of the questions, they coached you through it.

Words of advice? Just relax, be yourself, and enjoy.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the significance of a material's phase diagram.   1 Answer