NAV Canada Air Traffic Controller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

NAV Canada Air Traffic Controller Interview Questions

Interviews at NAV Canada

3.4

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at NAV Canada.

Interview

Online assessment of 30 questions in 8 minutes.
If successful, invited for 5 hour in-person assessment.
If successful, invited for interview, then a second interview
Then you might get an offer for a training spot.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about certain situations that you may have encountered in your past and how you handled them   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NAV Canada

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at NAV Canada in July 2017.

Interview

An interview should not take 2.5 years. First you write an online exam, and if you pass then they put you in a queue for up to a year, during which time they might bring you in for a gruelling (and highly representative) set of testing. If you pass the tests, within 30 days you'll have a 1-1 phone interview with a retired controller (this personal interview is structured, recorded, and highly representative). Then, they'll put you in a queue for up to 1.5 years, during which time they could phone at any time and say "hi, we're starting a training course, if you are available we want you to pay the expenses to come to us for a three-on-one interview". If you pass that, they'll send you a pile of textbooks and you'll need to self-study for 50 hours (actually, 100 hours), for free and on your own time, and there will be an entry examination when the course starts.

I understand the reasons - ATC training is gruelling and the ATC job is exacting, so careful selection is required (otherwise candidates will drop out, or be told to drop out, at an excessive rate). But the duration is excessive.

Small wonder there is a severe shortage of ATC.

I am still in the queue. No offer. Yet.

Glassdoor only allows a maximum duration of 12 months. So far it has been 24 months.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work IFR, Tower, or FIC?   Answer Question
    • Are you ready to commit to the rigours of training?   1 Answer

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

-Applicants are directed to a "take charge" microsite to complete online form, submit resume and cover letter, etc
    -Online assessment quiz is an 8 minute English comprehension test (a breeze for native speakers along the lines of "their vs there")
    -Additional basic logic type questions thrown in totalling 30 questions in 8 minutes

Interview Questions

• -Your suitability for this role depends entirely on aforementioned 8 minute quiz so don't spend too much time preparing for an interview or polishing your CV
      -My related Air Force experience doesn't matter either (Vets be forewarned)   2 Answers

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It starts with an online assessment that includes an essay, cognitive test and a personality test. If passing this, you write an in person 3 hour series of tests. They include, spatial reasoning, general knowledge, memory, among others. Upon passing this, you'll schedule a phone interview. Afterwards, there's an in person interview with a panel of usually 3 people. If you pass all of this, you go in again and complete a simulator test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation you've been in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at NAV Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

There is one phone interview and one in person interview. You only get to the interview process once you have successfully completed an online and in person aptitude test. Both interviews are fairly easy because they select you based on aptitude test results

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem you've encountered in your previous job and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question