NAVICAN Marketing Communications Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NAVICAN (San Diego, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job online after coming across a posting on LinkedIn. After an initial phone screening with the SVP of Commercial Operations, whom my role would report to, NAVICAN's office manager/Executive Assistant helped schedule me for an in-person interview, which the Director of HR and Project Manager also joined. At this point I had done my own independent research on the company and market and had a lot of questions about NAVICAN's product, long-term corporate strategy and team culture. Luckily my interviewers were extremely patient with fielding all my probing questions and we had a really engaging conversation.

Following my first in-person interview, I was asked to come in for a second round and meet with more team members, including the executive team. I had individual conversations with each person, again very engaging. Even though it was a long day I appreciated getting to talk with all team members at length. Everyone was transparent, friendly, professional, energetic and obviously very driven.

I do think the interview process was lengthy and challenging, but this wasn't a turn-off for me. The company is clearly focused on controlled growth as there are exciting things coming down the pipeline. And it's apparent that the leadership team is focused on hiring the right people who will uphold a high standard. I think if you are excited by a position NAVICAN has posted, you need to come into the interview having prepared specifically for interviewing with this company and show thoughtfulness about their product and market. It's a startup where everyone is proactive and carries a lot of weight in a fast-paced environment.

A nice plus - I really appreciated that the office manager/Executive Assistant provided me with a super-organized schedule for each of my interview days, including interviewers' names and positions, dress code and parking info, and the building's address all in one tidy email. Allot yourself extra time to park before your interview as the office is in a large building with a big parking structure!

Interview Questions

• From what you've read and researched about NAVICAN, what do you think we do?   1 Answer
  • Shifting from talking about high-level strategy and values, what does it look like when it comes time for you to execute?   1 Answer
  • Tell us about a project that was memorable or that you're proud of.   1 Answer