NBA Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBA Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at NBA

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied on the NBA website. Received a call from a recruiter to setup a phone interview. The recruiting process has two phone interviews (one 1:1 and one group) and a final round interview on site. The recruiter seemed very nice and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced something boring or mundane. How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NBA

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

A very thorough interview process--by far the most rigorous one I underwent throughout my job hunt.

I began by submitting resume, cover letter and writing sample. I heard back from the company about three weeks after the deadline by email, informing me of an initial phone screen.

The first interview was a behavioral interview with an HR manager, with questions such as "Tell me about a time you struggled." I heard back 5 weeks later about a second interview.

Round 2 was more lax. It was conducted by two NBA team members: the head of HR and a current associate. They asked me questions about my resume, experience and interest in the NBA.

One week later I heard back from the NBA, inviting me for a final round in NYC. This one involved a 7-minute PowerPoint presentation explaining why one is an excellent candidate (delivered in front of a 8-10 person panel), a panel interview by these same people, a written case study and a quiz about the NBA. If you specified fluency in a language, they will conduct an interview in that language to test your proficiency. At the time I also had to complete and pass a background check.

Less than a week later I received a phone call with the final status notification. Though the process was intense, I enjoyed meeting many people at the company who were all nice and passionate about their work.

Interview Questions

• Given your background in a different field, why the NBA?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the process took 3+ months. The first round is via skype with an HR reprsentative. It consists of basic behavioral questions. The second round is via skype with another HR representative alongside a current associate. This elaborates on first round questions, asks more hypotheticals specifically as they relate to your resume experience ("tell me a time you struggled, describe when you took leadership, etc"). The Third round in New York consists of a short quiz, a writted case study test, and finally a panel interview/presentation in front of top executives. During this they will ask you about specific departments you'd like to work for and different challenges facing the NBA's business.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges facing the expansion of the NBA?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

I spoke briefly with HR and then had one phone interview before being offered the job. It was a decent experience, honestly a standard interview process. I was surprised there was not an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the NBA?
      What's your experience working on tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Just a screening call.

I was recommended for a position and the recruiter reached out to set up a time. We had a relaxed discussion about the role they were hiring for and my experience. The recruiter then said it seemed like a good fit and she would get back to me in the next 2 days.

Instead, 5 days passed with no follow up, so I emailed the recruiter asking for an update... no response. A week later I emailed the recruiter again asking politely for an update... no response.

Overall pretty embarrassing that the NBA employs recruiters as immature as this one.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA in October 2010.

Interview

The woman in HR was very nice when scheduling the interview. After first round it was very systematic and was a long process.

Interview Questions

• describe a job situation that was mundane and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • describe a situation when you had to multi-task and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA in April 2009.

Interview

Interview began with two rounds of phone interviews and ended with an in person group interview.

Interview Questions

• what are problems you have faced in the past, and how did you fix them?   Answer Question
    • How have you multi tasked in the past? What did you do when you were overwhelmed   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase as this was entry level training program.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBA in June 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. The first round was conducted by a HR who asked general questions about my resume. The second one asked me to upload a short self-introduction video. In the last round, I was interviewed by two managers in two different branches separately. One manager was quite nice, but the other one was a little aggressive and was 30 minutes late for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a conflict of interest between your moral and your employer's task? And what did you do?   Answer Question