NBA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NBA

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Call with HR three weeks after I submitted an application. Call went well, then radio silence. Another three weeks went by before I got the next email asking to set up in-persons. In-person meetings the following week, then more the week after that. It's now been 8 weeks since I initially submitted for the position and still no decision. At this point I've already moved on. Everyone I met with was very nice, but there is no way they'll attract top talent dragging their feet this long during the hiring process, treating prospective employees this way.

Interview Questions

• Biggest mistake you've made during your career - how you handled it and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

My interview at the NBA in New York, New York was a great experience. The building was awesome and the people were great. The questions were straight forward and not that hard to answer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied via online and heard back from HR within a few days. I provided several dates to have the phone screening but HR never came back to me. 2 weeks later I got a phone call out of the blue. She told me that the position was changing but still wanted to have an "exploratory" meeting with me. Honestly, she was all over the place and had no clue what was happening and assumed I had already spoken to her. I had the "exploratory" meeting and it was a complete waste of time. She seemed preoccupied. Don't bother applying here.

Interview Questions

• So you want an entry-level position?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBA in May 2015.

Interview

I had the initial phone interview and was told that I definitely had the skills and experience required for multiple openings on the team. It was mid-playoffs, so I was warned that it may take an extra week to schedule my in person interview. Then, I never heard from them again. I followed up multiple (2-3) times and never got a response from the guy that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• This was a phone screening so was all about my experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBA (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

Job was presented via employment agency. After 2 phone screens and 3 in person interviews, and a background check, I was offered an temp to hire position.

Interview Questions

• Because I knew what the company was looking for, it made the interview process very easy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Temp to hire so no negotiations on salary

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by two seperate in person interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where something went wrong and how you handled/solved the situation.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Email was sent to have a skype interview with HR recruiter. Advanced to second round interview with supervisor of the department they think I would be a great fit for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a team/ group setting?   2 Answers

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Very slow process moving from round to round and slow response time. The process consisted of two basic behavioral interviews - the first being with the general NBA and the second being with the department that is best fit for you

Interview Questions

• Why the NBA and not other sports leagues or specific teams?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview process was fairly straightforward and easy. I applied for the internship and within a few weeks found out I was selected for a first round interview with a person from HR who asked me standard interview questions. A few weeks later (after Thanksgiving), I found out I was selected for a second round interview with a person within a specific department. A few weeks after having that interview, during the second week of January, I was informed that I would have a third-round interview with another person within that department. I have not yet had the third round interview, but I have been told that if I do well in the third round I should here within a couple weeks that I have been offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences and how they relate to an internship in the NBA?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why did you choose your college/university and your major? How does your major relate to sports?
      What has been your favorite class?
      Etc.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Firstly you apply and a recruiter reaches out about a month later if you got selected for an interview then I had a phone interview with a member of the HR team and heard back about a month later that I was selected for a second interview and I had that interview in early January (this was final interview) heard back a month later