NBA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NBA

2.8

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with HR followed by three in person interviews with the hiring manager and two of his colleagues. This was one of the smoothest processes I've gone through with a prospective employer. While I did not get the position, it was a very positive experience.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

First phone interviewed with a Staffing Coordinator, then in person interview with Staffing Manager. Two weeks later got called back for an interview with the hiring manager and then got called back for a forth and fifth interview with the VP and SVP of Finance.

Interview Questions

• Form interview questions on things like strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR really didnt want to budge with salary. Eventually, they offered me $2k more than I asked and a $2,500 signing bonus.

Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBA (Secaucus, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had employee referral. First round: call with HR. Second round (approximately one month later): in-person interview with HR, manager for the position, and other people from the marketing and events team. And then was transferred to Manhattan office for more, unexpected interviews.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBA (Washington, DC) in October 2018.

Interview

Was great and smooth. Professional and get more perspective about the company. The hiring process was also fast and professional. I get the offer on spot and overall it took only three weeks to join the team.

Project Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

I met with four different employees, each individually, for a total of about two hours which was more/longer than I expected for an entry level role. They were pretty easy going, never grilled or tried to turn up the heat. I didn't end up getting the role, they had HR notify me that I was a strong candidate but they'd be going a different direction. It would have been nice if one of them had let me know personally as I spent a significant amount of time with them, but maybe they have a company policy against that.

Interview Questions

• Your background is mostly with a different sport, is basketball a sport you really want to work in?   Answer Question

Project Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NBA (Secaucus, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

You’re pretty much hired if you don’t screw up the interview. They call you in for this position you are likely to get a call within a couple days. There’s a lot of turnover because this position isn’t full time and doesn’t offer any benefits

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted by staffing company, had a phone interview with dept head a week later, had an on site interview weeks later, had a 3rd interviewed scheduled for the same day Sandy hit which was cancelled and eventually rescheduled 2 weeks later. Met with 3 CDs and was offered and accepted the position 2 weeks later. A little drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Do you like basketball which I never had the chance to answer since the CD's couldn't agree if the question was relevant or not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy and standard.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I had several phone interviews. I then flew out to meet with management and current employees along with Human Resources. I met with multiple personnel from different areas with different questions and styles. Friendly but certain interviews were more formal and direct.

Interview Questions

• technical, background, experience, how fit with culture   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Mostly done through the NBA human resources division.

Had better offer with significant more salary and career growth potential at another firm.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call and then a follow up for an in person interview. I appreciated the beginning process but toward the end I was left wondering for over a month if I was hired or not.