NBA Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBA Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at NBA

2.8

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Email was sent to have a skype interview with HR recruiter. Advanced to second round interview with supervisor of the department they think I would be a great fit for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a team/ group setting?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for NBA

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA.

Interview

Very slow process moving from round to round and slow response time. The process consisted of two basic behavioral interviews - the first being with the general NBA and the second being with the department that is best fit for you

Interview Questions

• Why the NBA and not other sports leagues or specific teams?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview process was fairly straightforward and easy. I applied for the internship and within a few weeks found out I was selected for a first round interview with a person from HR who asked me standard interview questions. A few weeks later (after Thanksgiving), I found out I was selected for a second round interview with a person within a specific department. A few weeks after having that interview, during the second week of January, I was informed that I would have a third-round interview with another person within that department. I have not yet had the third round interview, but I have been told that if I do well in the third round I should here within a couple weeks that I have been offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences and how they relate to an internship in the NBA?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why did you choose your college/university and your major? How does your major relate to sports?
      What has been your favorite class?
      Etc.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Firstly you apply and a recruiter reaches out about a month later if you got selected for an interview then I had a phone interview with a member of the HR team and heard back about a month later that I was selected for a second interview and I had that interview in early January (this was final interview) heard back a month later

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBA (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, I received an email a few weeks later about my first round Skype interview. An employee from a department that wasn't HR asked me general behavioral questions. He also asked me to expand on the experiences I listed in my resume. After the first round interview, I received another email a few months later about a second round interview (it took some time because the department I was applying to was going through leadership changes). My second round interview was a lot more specific--the interviewer asked me about the skills I had developed in my previous internship experiences and wanted to see how I could add value to the department with these skills.