NBC Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

NBC Interview Questions in New York, NY

Interviews at NBC

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 day onsite with multiple rounds from 10 am to 4 pm. They want to know if you have simple programming skills to apply. and also want to know if you are willing to know.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly and honest about the position. Also met members of his team in order to ask them questions about their positions and the group as a whole. This also showed if a potential candidate will fit in with the group. Smart move.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your job   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewing was an extremely long process. I had to meet with many different layers of company from initially HR, then my would be immediate supervisor to potential key coworkers from various departments. I came back 3 times because unfortunately not everyone was able to meet with me on the same day. I worked in LI so trip to NYC was difficult because I had to leave my then current job early enough to get to the interview before everyone left for the day. At my 3rd interview HR finally did offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the usual standard questions but my future boss kept asking me how I would handle a situation creatively. The position was for an art director of an entertainment company and even though I had prior entertainment experience my current job at that time was in pharmaceuticals. Also i thought it was strang at the time but HR asked me if I would have a problem firing people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an increase of $10,000 over intial offer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was a pre-recorded interview. Definitely, do your research because I was not prepared. They ask a lot of questions related to NBC history and what is happening right now in their company. Don't go into it thinking you will just be answering behavior questions. It was really tough.

Interview Questions

• What are the three top stories you are following in the news right now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed twice. The interviewer was nice and respectful. I showed that I generally understood the required work and had a good work ethic. No hard/trick questions. Most questions dealt with actual material/real problems rather than concepts.

Interview Questions

• What do you think should be the leading story for today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I had to do a video interview. The computer asked me about 7 questions. I had time to prepare my answers for all of them. It was a little awkward but they told us they just do it to weed people out.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit at this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process at NBCUvinersal 30 Rock was fast paced and friendly. I was confident because I came from a referral . I had three interviews. It was not bad.

Interview Questions

• What are some weakness and strengths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an email in early March inviting me to interview and then had a one on one in-person interview at 30 Rock with the intern supervisor. Was told if I got the job in April.

Interview Questions

• What is an accomplishment, either academically or professionally, that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Typical java interview; asked about flow if struts jsp forms some sql questions went through the resume and asked past experience in detail. It was 2 people manager and vp was there bruefly. Got a call after a week that I was accepted.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBC (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Apply online, submit a video interview, phone interview. The process took a few months to complete, very formal. Be sure to always check email for updates. Expect to be called upon during hours of business, and not on weekends.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you faced a problem and talk about how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • How does your background and experience qualify you for this internship?   Answer Question