NBCUniversal Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Unusually fast - I suspect they had someone for the job already but that person decided to opt out at the last minute. I was actually interviewing for another position, but when I talked to HR, they asked if I was interested in scripted programming (which is my dream job!). The next day I interviewed with the Director (the interview went very well), then she had me do script coverage on a couple of scripts. After, I in the interviewed with a few of the assistants. I was offered the job the following week.

Interview Questions

• What do you like more scripted programming or unscripted programming? Where do you see yourself within the next five years? Why NBCUniversal?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

They had the worst interview process. I was contacted only by email to set up a web interview. I was give a date the interview was due by and completed within the timeframe. After the interview I reached out to HR to inform that I had completed the interview. It was radio silence after that! I never heard anything. I would have appreciated feedback either way. It's very unprofessional to ask someone to interview and then ignore them afterwards

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - We are so sorry to hear you had a negative interviewing experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope this doesn't discourage you from applying to future positions. Please ... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a direct interview with my employer. It went really smooth. It was mostly questions about my resume and work experience. We also discussed a lot about what the job entitles. I was shown the work space I would be working in too.

Interview Questions

• Which position from my past experience did I not enjoy   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Lazy recruiters using online video interview. Not Skype. A few questions on the screen and one minute to answer. No interaction with another human. Most people do horrible in front of a camera like this If you toss these people in the trash because of this you miss out on your best candidates.

After that you will get a call from the recruiter. Next is phone interview with HR manager. In person interview with HR. Finally in person interview with hiring manager.

Didn't feel like I meshed with the hiring manager. Turned down the offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

After my initial application, I was brought in for an interview with my potential supervisor and was asked all the basic interview questions. He seemed to just be making sure I was capable of doing the job and handling all tasks. That same day, I had an interview with a representative from HR. She was very sweet and answered all of my questions. She asked very predictable, but important standard pre-employment questions. I was also brought in a week later for a third interview with another potential supervisor. At this point, I was contacted to provide 3 professional references. About a week later, I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked what I was hoping to make as a salary early on in the process. They basically told me what they were willing to pay with the offer. It wasn't really a negotiation, but it was a fair offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2011.

Interview

Started to work as a temp-to hire position. After four months, I was able to get the job as the position finally opened for the department.