NBCUniversal Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2017.

Interview

My interview was a 3-part process that consisted of a Skype interview and two face-to-face interviews. The Skype interview was with an HR person and it lasted 30 minutes. I was asked specific questions about my resume and experience. It appears that if you move onto the next round you meet management more specific to the department you are interviewing for. I applied on June 9 and was contacted a 3 days later for Skype. Overall, the process took me a little over 3 weeks to get through each round. Most of the questions centered around my experience on my resume and there weren't any stumpers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews prior to onsite interview but overall a smooth and thorough process with not-too-delayed feedback. NBC is pretty big so be sure to know about the specific department you applied for. HR was pretty transparent with their salary expectations. I wish they were able to explain the role a little bit more in detail.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to NBC? What does your day-to-day look like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

There isn't much of an interview process when you start off as an intern. In my experience, if you're already interning in a department that has a need for extra workers (which isn't usually the case) you're practically handed the job.

NBCUniversal Response

Mar 15, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We are glad to see you had an easy interview experience and felt that your intern experience helped you throughout the hiring process. We truly believe... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral, a few weeks later I was invited to do a video interview. I was prompted with a question and then recorded my answer. I had 30 seconds to prep for each question and then a minute or less to answer. There were nine questions in total.

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for the postion? Current/desired salary? What type of personalities do you work well with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. A week later I received an e-mail from HR inviting me to do a video interview. During the interview you are staring at yourself looking at the camera and answering questions that pop up on the screen. You are given 30 seconds to prepare and 30-60 seconds to answer. It's incredibly awkward, I'm not sure why they use it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed about 2 weeks later by someone in HR. We scheduled a brief phone interview and I was contacted the next day to schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager went well, but I never heard anything back afterwards. I followed up with a thank you letter and continued to followed up with HR about 3 times after that. Although HR was friendly, they made it seem like they had no idea what was going on with the hiring process and asked me to continue checking back with them. Instead of pointless and confusing follow up emails, a brief automated email letting me know I didn't get the job would have been nice...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NBCUniversal? What skills do you have that contribute to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. First round: get an email inviting you to interview through a video. You go to this website and you are given a question. You get 1 minute to prepare and think. Then it records you. You click done when you finish that question. The next question comes up. Same thing for a total of 7 questions. Second round: over the phone interview with VP (about 30 minutes). Third/final round: in person interview with some people on the team. And HR asks about your salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• How would you get everyone to come to a meeting? Tell a little about yourself. What is your proficiency level for Microsoft Word? How would you schedule/organize a meeting? What makes you wake up in the morning? How do you plan your day? Why NBC/this industry? Strengths/weakness? What motivates you? How do you handle pressure? What are your co-worker pet peeves/what annoys you about your coworkers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with several different people who would be working on the team i would have been on. The interview went really well i thought but i never heard back from them. Maybe they were looking for someone with more experience? Not sure, wish I had heard back.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff. Mostly them telling me about the job and the workload ect. Make sure to know company executives that are really high up. They didn't directly ask "who is this" but it came up and it is good to know. They were very upfront about how difficult the work would be, and how long the hours were going to be, which I appreciated   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with the Manager and the current Coordinator. The interview questions seemed pretty standard and the conversation seemed to go well. I lost the position to an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work here. How will you be a good fit? What are your weaknesses? Strengths? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy going and light but covered quite a deal on what your experience is, what you know about media, what were your current roles, how well can your perform under pressure. How organized are you, can you assist with other roles if necessary, would you be able to do overtime if that were to happen? What's your experience with coordinating meetings and huge events? Overall the interview went smoothly, it wasn't tedious and overbearing.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite Movies?   1 Answer
    • What are tasks you've done as a coordinator?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with doing presentations?   1 Answer