NBCUniversal Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Director Interview Questions

3.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Probably the worst recruiting experience of any media company. Recruiters are completely unresponsive, they treat you like a number and like they are doing you a favor. After beating down the door of one of their recruiters I was told, "we get so much interest that we can't respond to everyone." Never mind the fact that I had several interviews for the position and was never told yes or no. There simply was no communication after I had several interviews until I was told they had too many candidates. I wonder how my boss would feel if I told her that I had too much work to do and couldn't call all my customers? I totally get that you can't reach out to every applicant, but once you e had a few interviews they should not ignore you for weeks on end. Poor communication. Lack of follow through and a mentality that you're bothering them is how I have come to think of recruiting at NBCU

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from talent requisition in 2 weeks. Screening call went went and I was invited for an on-site interview with the VP. The interview was only for half an hour. That went really well as well and then I was invited to interview the next week with a Director that the position required to work with and HR people. All interviews went really well and they told me I had almost reached the final step. Even before I stepped out of the building, I was told they were for reference checks. They called all 3 of my references within that week. But did not hear back from them for over 3 weeks - I followed up once. In the meantime I got another offer and I checked in to see if they have given the offer to someone else and should move on. I got a response from the talent requisition person that they are heading to a new direction. Not sure if that meant they hired someone else or if the position was canceled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on the Comcast/NBCUniversal website for a Director role based in NYC. Received a call from the recruiter within probably three weeks of applying. The screening call with the recruiter was no different or difficult than any other screening call you would have with a media company recruiter.

A week later I met with the hiring manger and one week after that I was brought back to meet with the group SVP. I was feeling very positive about my chances, considering my experience in the industry and the feedback that I received from all parties during the process.

Unfortunately, I was given the run around for two months by the recruiter who ended up not even following-up with a yes or no. The recruiter responded to my first follow-up email by saying that she should have an update soon and apologized for the delay (this was during the Olympics, so I understood). After that, nothing. To be honest, I don't even think the role was filled. Very unprofessional, whether or not you are hiring for a SVP or Coordinator role, people deserve the respect of an answer, regardless off the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just be sure to apply your experiences and show enthusiasm   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

No call back for three weeks

Interview Questions

• interviewer had little understanding of position requirements   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

A friend submitted my resume via the referral program. Spoke to a recruiter, but never heard back. Then, the same recruiter reached out about 8 months later for another similar role.

The process consisted of a phone interview with the recruiter, primarily confirming my experience and fit for the role. Then, I had 4 separate interviews with direct supervisors, the head of the department, and finally VP of HR.

Got an offer about 4 weeks from being first contacted by the recruiter. Was able to negotiate just a bit to reach my minimum base salary requirement. You have to pass a background check to start.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. All the interviews were pretty straightforward to discuss my past experience and interest in the role. Felt like a lot of it was based on cultural fit as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got an offer by phone and asked for a bit more to reach my desired minimum. They came back the same day with a bit more and I agreed. Benefits did not seem negotiable when I inquired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

2 rounds of 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews. 10 interviews total + an HR fit interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a little. But there are well established comps- so hard to move the needle too much.

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2010.

Interview

For a director position, after a few min of small resume talk, the interviewer went directly into a case about programming prior to explaining the position or group, which caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Where would you launch a channel and what genre would it be?   Answer Question