NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Online app, video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer. Few weeks later was called in to interview with supervisors. I had applied for every position relating to marketing and got called in to interview for the department I was least interested in. Interview in person was one of the tougher ones I've experienced.

Interview Questions

Office in Universal City is very far from my school, hours are 9-6, very corporate atmosphere

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. Please keep checking back at our careers site to see the different positions that open up every day ... More

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

After a little more than a month I was sent an email to have an interview. It was a digital interview that recorded you talking. It gave about 30 seconds of prep and then you had a minute to two minutes to answer. If you messed up at all you are given one redo at the end of the process to reset the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would help you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What qualities make a good intern/employee and how did you display these traits in your past job(s)?   Answer Question
    • What would you hope to gain from the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

got an email for a video interview, then did a phone interview. The phone interview was with a producer who talked to me about my responsibilities as well as hours. She was very helpful in providing a look into what I should expect. I was offered a position after phone interview

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite pieces we have done recently   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very short online video interview where questions appear on the screen and you are given a short time to answer each one. This is not a skype call, but instead a one sided interview, and someone will most likely reach out to you after with further information. It is the preliminary interview for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied to many different positions, which I was later told was NOT in my best interest. However, after reaching out to individuals I knew in the company, I got in contact with a recruiter and he administered a very basic phone interview. A few weeks later I was notified that I did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews is done electronically. A series of questions will appear on your computer screen and you have 2 minutes to respond to each one via webcam. No person is on the other side of this interview which makes for a really awkward experience. If you do well on this, you will be asked for an in-person or phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions depend on the department you are applying for (entertainment, news, parks and resorts). Know a of of background and what the company has been doing lately in that department. I worked for the news group and they asked me what my favorite recent segment was   Answer Question

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thank you for leaving this review. We know the interviewing process can be stressful and sometimes uncomfortable. We hope you understand that we deal with a high volume of candidates ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2016.

Interview

The hardest part of the process is getting someone to reach out to you after you submit your application. It could be months before you (may) hear from a recruiter. After my submission, I i was reached out to do a pre-recorded video response. The next day, i was called for a phone interview with two recruiters who asked questions and gave me a full idea of what the position was. From there, i spoke with a hiring manager and then a week later, i was asked to send in my resume again. Didn't hear anything again for a week, and was then told that i did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Campus 2 Careers. After I applied I emailed the supervisor directly. I interviewed with the supervisor and one producers. Heard back within a week that I obtained the position. After this I did the video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We're glad to hear you had such a positive experience. Congrats on your offer and welcome to the NBCUniversal family! Best of luck in your new ... More

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The online interview is the worst. Questions pop up on a screen and you have 30 seconds to come up with an answer. It is very stressful and not personal at all. I think everybody must feel awkward doing them though, and the employers must know that.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite content (TV show, movie, etc) from NBCUniversal   1 Answer

Jan 30, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thank you for leaving this review. We take our reviews very seriously. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with the online interview. We hope you can understand that ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a referral but I had to still apply online and follow through with the process. It was well-organized... I did the video interview which allows you 2 retries if you are unhappy with the first go. Few weeks later got an email to set up an in-person interview and 3-4 weeks later I got an offer via email!