NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.8

119 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, then on-site interview about previous experience. Mostly behavioral questions. They asked me about my skillset related to the job, so I showed them an example of my work. Interviewers were who I would end up working with throughout the duration of the summer. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for an internship late September and got an email in early November asking me to take a video interview where there is written and recorded answers on a timer. I had two chances to take it. One of the questions was asking which department I would like to work in. A week later, I got an e-mail from the head of a department in the place I wanted to work least (editorial) asking if I could come in or do a phone interview. Two days later, I had a semi-casual interview at their office with the person who e-mailed me. He said I should hear back in two weeks. When I didn't hear back, I e-mailed a follow up and he informed me I did not receive the position.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in May ad was notified in July of an interview process. After interviewing with their computerized video chat process (they ask you a question and you get 2 minutes to film a response). I was not contacted until September for a phone interview that lasted around 30 minutes with my potential boss. She set up an in person interview at the studio the next day that lasted about 10 minutes. At that stage, she still had to interview two other people. She notified me within a week that I had the position.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Sep 19, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Thanks so much for leaving a review! We're so glad to hear that you've had a great experience during the interview process. One of the things that makes this company so innovative is our amazing and... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I applied on May 31st. The deadline for all applications was June 18th.

I got an e-mail to take the video interview portion on July 16th and had 48 hours to record my answers. I completed it on July 18th. They ask you what you think would make you successful, how you solved problems in previous jobs, about your work experience and how it applies to the job you're looking to fill, amongst other things. You are recording your answers and you get multiple chances; however, keep in mind, if you choose to re-record you will have to redo all of them.

On August 3rd, I had a 10 minute phone screen with someone in the department. She asked me which teams I liked and we had a discussion about my goals and what I would like to get out of the internship. This was more of a personality test.

On August 7th, I received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you faced at a previous job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to do a HireVue video interview a few days later. I was then contacted by a recruiter for a different position than what I applied for about a week later and had a 20-minute phone call with them. The HR conversation is very general as they mostly talk about NBC and the basics of the department you'd be working in. I was interviewing for digital production so it was really important to know what new projects they were working on (I researched the recruiter and they shared an article on their social media about a new NBC program so I brought up that piece of news). After the HR screening, I was put in contact with the department head and interviewed in-person with them. The conversation wasn't very difficult, it was a more in-depth discussion about the responsibilities and my background/knowledge. After our conversation, the department head then introduced me to another department that was looking for interns so I spoke with them briefly (the second department seemed like they were having trouble finding people to fill spots). About a week later the second department I spoke with asked me about my hours and if I could work later than the hours I mentioned during the interview (since most of my classes were positioned so I could work during the day I wasn't able to do as many late-nights as they wanted). I was told I would receive a definite yes/no the week after my final round interview, but unfortunately received no follow-up.

Interview Questions

• HireVue questions: 1) What do you know about NBCUniversal? 2) Why do you want to intern in the departments you chose? 3) How has your work experience prepared you for this role? 4) What do you hope to gain from this internship experience that sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December for a Fall internship. Received an email 4 months later requesting a video interview. The interview was just you recording yourself answering 3-4 basic interview questions. I received an email about a week after that from the head of the department to schedule a phone interview. That was the final step before the decision.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

If you are chosen to interview, you will do a video screening where you answer written and video recorded messages. This is the most awkward phase because you can't play off of the interviewer and have no idea how your progress is. About three weeks later I received an email from HR to come in and meet with more HR reps at 30 Rock. I then went through a very basic interview of questions about my resume and interests. A week later I got a call with an offer for a position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2017.

Interview

I received an email saying that they wanted me to do a video interview, and if it goes well they will contact me for a final round interview. I am expected to hear back within the next month or so.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving this review! We know the application process can be nerve-racking at times, but we appreciate your interest with NBCUniversal. Best of luck! - The NBCU Talent Acquisition... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied January, heard back in February to set up an in-person interview for March. I should be hearing back in early April. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If there were multiple people asking you to complete different tasks, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. Welcome to NBCUniversal! We're happy to have you with on board with us, and we can't wait to see all the great things you'll accomplish! Good luck! - The... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December 2016 and didn't receive an email until late February inquiring to submit a video interview within 48 hours or receiving the email. After submitting I received an email stating that they will contact me 3 weeks after the interview and I did not receive a response. Don't expect a response since they have thousands of applicants trying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you used your analytical skills to successfully complete a project?   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. We hope you understand that due to the sheer volume of applicants that our recruiters need to consider, sometimes things do fall through the cracks. Please... More