NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2017.

Interview

I received an email saying that they wanted me to do a video interview, and if it goes well they will contact me for a final round interview. I am expected to hear back within the next month or so.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving this review! We know the application process can be nerve-racking at times, but we appreciate your interest with NBCUniversal. Best of luck! - The NBCU Talent Acquisition ... More

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied January, heard back in February to set up an in-person interview for March. I should be hearing back in early April. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If there were multiple people asking you to complete different tasks, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. Welcome to NBCUniversal! We're happy to have you with on board with us, and we can't wait to see all the great things you'll accomplish! Good luck! - The ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December 2016 and didn't receive an email until late February inquiring to submit a video interview within 48 hours or receiving the email. After submitting I received an email stating that they will contact me 3 weeks after the interview and I did not receive a response. Don't expect a response since they have thousands of applicants trying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you used your analytical skills to successfully complete a project?   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. We hope you understand that due to the sheer volume of applicants that our recruiters need to consider, sometimes things do fall through the cracks. Please ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after they reviewed my resume and credentials, I was invited to complete a video interview. The video interview process was awkward and uncomfortable for me which is probably why I never heard back from them after I completed the interview.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thank you for leaving this review. We know interviewing via webcam can sometimes feel uncomfortable. We hope you understand that our recruiters process a high volume of applications so in ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Online app, video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer. Few weeks later was called in to interview with supervisors. I had applied for every position relating to marketing and got called in to interview for the department I was least interested in. Interview in person was one of the tougher ones I've experienced.

Interview Questions

Office in Universal City is very far from my school, hours are 9-6, very corporate atmosphere

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. Please keep checking back at our careers site to see the different positions that open up every day ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. When I got to the department the hiring manager straight up told me that this is entertainment and the best way (and usually only way) to get a job is if you know someone. Well, this speaks a lot about the industry and also NBC as a whole. He told me that pretty much everyone at the company either started as an intern or got a job through a referral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

After a little more than a month I was sent an email to have an interview. It was a digital interview that recorded you talking. It gave about 30 seconds of prep and then you had a minute to two minutes to answer. If you messed up at all you are given one redo at the end of the process to reset the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would help you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What qualities make a good intern/employee and how did you display these traits in your past job(s)?   Answer Question
    • What would you hope to gain from the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

got an email for a video interview, then did a phone interview. The phone interview was with a producer who talked to me about my responsibilities as well as hours. She was very helpful in providing a look into what I should expect. I was offered a position after phone interview

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite pieces we have done recently   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very short online video interview where questions appear on the screen and you are given a short time to answer each one. This is not a skype call, but instead a one sided interview, and someone will most likely reach out to you after with further information. It is the preliminary interview for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied to many different positions, which I was later told was NOT in my best interest. However, after reaching out to individuals I knew in the company, I got in contact with a recruiter and he administered a very basic phone interview. A few weeks later I was notified that I did not get the job.