NBCUniversal Intern Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in May ad was notified in July of an interview process. After interviewing with their computerized video chat process (they ask you a question and you get 2 minutes to film a response). I was not contacted until September for a phone interview that lasted around 30 minutes with my potential boss. She set up an in person interview at the studio the next day that lasted about 10 minutes. At that stage, she still had to interview two other people. She notified me within a week that I had the position.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Sep 19, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Thanks so much for leaving a review! We're so glad to hear that you've had a great experience during the interview process. One of the things that makes this company so innovative is our amazing and... More

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December 2016 and didn't receive an email until late February inquiring to submit a video interview within 48 hours or receiving the email. After submitting I received an email stating that they will contact me 3 weeks after the interview and I did not receive a response. Don't expect a response since they have thousands of applicants trying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you used your analytical skills to successfully complete a project?   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. We hope you understand that due to the sheer volume of applicants that our recruiters need to consider, sometimes things do fall through the cracks. Please... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Online app, video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer. Few weeks later was called in to interview with supervisors. I had applied for every position relating to marketing and got called in to interview for the department I was least interested in. Interview in person was one of the tougher ones I've experienced.

Interview Questions

Office in Universal City is very far from my school, hours are 9-6, very corporate atmosphere

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. Please keep checking back at our careers site to see the different positions that open up every day... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. When I got to the department the hiring manager straight up told me that this is entertainment and the best way (and usually only way) to get a job is if you know someone. Well, this speaks a lot about the industry and also NBC as a whole. He told me that pretty much everyone at the company either started as an intern or got a job through a referral.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

got an email for a video interview, then did a phone interview. The phone interview was with a producer who talked to me about my responsibilities as well as hours. She was very helpful in providing a look into what I should expect. I was offered a position after phone interview

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite pieces we have done recently   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very short online video interview where questions appear on the screen and you are given a short time to answer each one. This is not a skype call, but instead a one sided interview, and someone will most likely reach out to you after with further information. It is the preliminary interview for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school for a spring internship. I heard back a few weeks later and was brought in for an interview. The interview was fairly typical although I interviewed with several (four) people from the department at the same time which made it a little more difficult. Questions were standard, nothing too surprising. A couple of weeks after the interview I was told via email that I received the position.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews is done electronically. A series of questions will appear on your computer screen and you have 2 minutes to respond to each one via webcam. No person is on the other side of this interview which makes for a really awkward experience. If you do well on this, you will be asked for an in-person or phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions depend on the department you are applying for (entertainment, news, parks and resorts). Know a of of background and what the company has been doing lately in that department. I worked for the news group and they asked me what my favorite recent segment was   Answer Question

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thank you for leaving this review. We know the interviewing process can be stressful and sometimes uncomfortable. We hope you understand that we deal with a high volume of candidates... More

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The online interview is the worst. Questions pop up on a screen and you have 30 seconds to come up with an answer. It is very stressful and not personal at all. I think everybody must feel awkward doing them though, and the employers must know that.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite content (TV show, movie, etc) from NBCUniversal   1 Answer

Jan 30, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thank you for leaving this review. We take our reviews very seriously.

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with the online interview. We hope you can understand that... More

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Campus 2 Careers. After I applied I emailed the supervisor directly. I interviewed with the supervisor and one producers. Heard back within a week that I obtained the position. After this I did the video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We're glad to hear you had such a positive experience. Congrats on your offer and welcome to the NBCUniversal family!

Best of luck in your new... More