NBCUniversal Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Seth Meyers internship and got an email a few days later inviting me to the video interview. The process wasnt as scary as I though it would be. They ask you a few written questions like what your schedule is like, if you can work in the US, ect.
The next portion was the video aspect. They gave you about 30 seconds to read a question and prepare for it, then give you 1-2 minutes to answer that question on camera. They provide practice questions so you can get use to speaking on camera.
Waiting to hear back to see if I made it to the next step!

Interview Questions

• What would you want to gain from this experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about three weeks later to do a digital interview. There were nine written questions that I had to type an answer to. Next, there were three questions that I had to respond to via webcam. The question pops up on the screen and you have 30 seconds to think and up to two minutes to answer. This is a one-sided interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good intern?
      Describe your media experience
      What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

NBCUniversal Response

Feb 7, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We know the interview process can be long and demanding so we appreciate your patience. We also know the online interview can sometimes be... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Easy and non-stressful interview process. I can see where it will help to have a connection in order to get your resume to the top of the pile. Once the team reached out the process was simple and professional.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - We're glad to hear you had a positive experience throughout your interview process with us. We know how stressful the process can be so we always do our best to make candidates feel as... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a video interview one month after applying online for an internship. The video interview was a little weird because I was speaking to myself and it felt awkward. The majority of the questions were just asking me whether or not I was able to work i.e. citizen status and age. The questions were typical like what you like about NBCUniversal or why are you qualified for this intern position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail inviting me to interview a few weeks later. I had 2 phone interviews (2 weeks apart), the first with 2 employees within the department and the second with the head of the department. I got a call a few hours after the second interview offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project you were a part of from the beginning to end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The first step is a video interview. The questions are very easy (why do you want to work here, etc). You just have to get past the fact that you're talking to a camera. If you get to the next round, they'll bring you to 30 Rock to interview. They did a Hiring Event where you'd interview with different groups/potential departments for which they're considering you. I did 3, each was easy and they were all very friendly!

Interview Questions

• How do you consume your news? What are the three top stories you're following in the news right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was decent. Standard questions asked. It was somewhat of a skype set up, only you were recording and had a limited number of attempts to answer the question. Overall it was okay. Just be prepared for anything. I believe I didn't get the job because of my lack of experience within the production field.

Interview Questions

• Very general. Tell me about your experience, where do you see yourself in 10 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had one interviewer and he was asking me questions about myself and also why I wanted to work here. Very chill interview and was not too stressed. Prepare to have a natural conversation

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Honestly, it was more like a conversation to get to know my personality.. They didn't look beyond my resume to figure out my skills. I spoke with the president, the hiring manager, the executive producer and producer of the Foreign Desk for a good 30 minutes. Very informal, relaxed-type conversation. Keep in mind, this was for an internship. Interviews are a lot of more formal when applying for a contract/full-time position.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I like news, what my future goals are and my flexibility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Sat with a group and was interviewed

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer
    • What was the biggest mistake you ever made?   1 Answer