NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.9

314 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2017.

Interview

Had an interview by the college on-campus recruitment team. The interviewer was very knowledgeable and described the internship opportunities with great detail. Overall, a casual interview with a good feedback.

Scenic Painter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Orlando, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Easy, very pleasant experience. You go to human resources pass a metal detector and fill a small application but you will need to fill the online application from their website also. So better first do that and apply online.

Interview Questions

• What problems have you encounter in your line of work ? and how you solved   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for an internship late September and got an email in early November asking me to take a video interview where there is written and recorded answers on a timer. I had two chances to take it. One of the questions was asking which department I would like to work in. A week later, I got an e-mail from the head of a department in the place I wanted to work least (editorial) asking if I could come in or do a phone interview. Two days later, I had a semi-casual interview at their office with the person who e-mailed me. He said I should hear back in two weeks. When I didn't hear back, I e-mailed a follow up and he informed me I did not receive the position.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email for a video interview that needed to be completed within 48 hours and then got an email from someone in the department after that. We scheduled an appointment and I went to the Universal offices to meet with 2 heads of the department.

Page Program LA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Fill out online application with two essay questions
    2. Video interview (your answers are recorded via webcam but you're not talking to anyone) Its awkward but also convenient cause you can take it when you're ready. I thought this was really difficult because the you only had 15 seconds to read the questions (which were fairly long) and thing of your response before it started recording you. I think there were 4 questions.
    3. Panel Interview is like a 3-4 hour process where you go to the NBCUniversal building and are with 5 or 6 other candidates. I was interviewed by 3 NBC employees. We had a presentation that we had to prepare for (we were given the prompt 48 hours before our panel), then we were each asked two questions but they were the same for everyone so if you're at the end you had the whole time to prepare your answer. Then we were individually interviewed for 15 minutes. Finally we had a group project we worked on (drawing a Instagram post for the Page Insta). This was quite awkward because the interviewers sat in the room with us while we worked on it but couldn't help or answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. How will the page program help you achieve your goals and what are you still curious about?
      2. Describe a situation that you had to be mature and professional in the face of stress
      3. What is your superpower that people ask you for help with professionally?
      4. What did you do in your downtime at another job or internship?
      5. What is something you've been working on over the past year?
      6. Describe a time you had to navigate a difficult working relationship and what was the result?
      Also a ton of the other questions on this site came up as well   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Fort Lee, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. First a phone screen then an in person interview. The only thing that I didn’t like was when I emailed the hiring partner & the recruiter, one told me they were still interviewing & the other told me the truth.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview was in the early evening which I was kind of hesitant on as my interviewers may have been restless and eager to finish the day, however, I still agreed to the interview. Sadly my prediction came true, the direct manager who would oversee all my work seemed to be in a dull and unmotivated mood. The interviewer's non-verbal cues were very rude and unprofessional. I got to meet the team I would work with and ask them any questions I had which was nice but wrapped up rather early as I only have a limited amount of questions I could possibly ask without having experienced the job. At the very end of the interview, the hiring manager suggested that I find a headhunter and pursue more work experience even though the role was entry level and I was just as qualified as the previous hire's I spoke to. Overall a very poor experience, hiring manager gave rude remarks regarding my internship and work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you work longer at your internship?
      Why aren't you working for a corporation right now?
      How would you deal with a hard vendor/customer?
      What excel experience do you have?   Answer Question

Salesforce Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2017.

Interview

A surprisingly-disappointing experience for such a respected company. During the phone interview, the hiring manager stated that the position had changed and the job description only depicted 60% of what the actual job entailed.... which is fine since it was still automation-based. Just make sure you reconcile it with the recruiter and re-post the job description, so one can prepare to speak about applicable experience.

Towards the end of the interview, the manager told me (unsolicited) that they'd actually had a candidate accept an offer, but that person backed out two days before his start date, and accepted a counter-offer from his current company. She essentially said she was disappointed because NBCUniversal would've made its own counter offer in return, if he'd given them a chance. Hence... the need to re-post the job and interview myself and others.

Seemed a bit tacky to disclose that. Maybe just not say anything??

I never heard back from the recruiter with any feedback on whether or not they'd be moving forward with me to bring onsite for the next round. Again, another disappointment, as she seemed very affable and incredibly transparent in the initial screening process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions around day-to-day responsibilities and a project or two I'd worked on.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

A Phone screening first, followed by in person interviews with both the hiring manager and the department. Overall, a positive experience, they really want to see if you are a good fit, and give plenty of time for you to ask your own questions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted via FaceTime and the interviewer was pleasant throughout. He asked the standard questions about why I was interested in the position, what my strengths were, what I was looking for, my work history, and so on. Unfortunately they put the position on hold after the initial interview, so I did not advance in the process. The next step would have been meeting with the executives I'd be assisting and one other executive in the department.