NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.8

693 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in May ad was notified in July of an interview process. After interviewing with their computerized video chat process (they ask you a question and you get 2 minutes to film a response). I was not contacted until September for a phone interview that lasted around 30 minutes with my potential boss. She set up an in person interview at the studio the next day that lasted about 10 minutes. At that stage, she still had to interview two other people. She notified me within a week that I had the position.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Sep 19, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Thanks so much for leaving a review! We're so glad to hear that you've had a great experience during the interview process. One of the things that makes this company so innovative is our amazing and... More

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Received a screening call from HR. Then was brought in for an in person interview. The interview was with both the hiring manager and the Director. It was laid back, easy going environment. They were well prepared with good questions that pertained to the position. I like that they had looked into my background and new my resume before I got there, because they were able to ask good questions about it instead of spending the interview reading it for the first time or asking me to walk them through it.

The interview was direct and short. The next day HR called to tell me I will going into the next stage of interview and that they needed to do a background check. I never went in for interviews again, and after the background check cleared they sent an offer.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Slightly unorganized process but this was also done around the holidays (so that may be why). Interview process went: HR call, Director interview, VP interview, another HR meeting and SVP interview. This took about two months total. Once I was offered, things moved fast as I was an internal move.

Interview Questions

• What are some social trends you see on some of the other NBC brands?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I applied on May 31st. The deadline for all applications was June 18th.

I got an e-mail to take the video interview portion on July 16th and had 48 hours to record my answers. I completed it on July 18th. They ask you what you think would make you successful, how you solved problems in previous jobs, about your work experience and how it applies to the job you're looking to fill, amongst other things. You are recording your answers and you get multiple chances; however, keep in mind, if you choose to re-record you will have to redo all of them.

On August 3rd, I had a 10 minute phone screen with someone in the department. She asked me which teams I liked and we had a discussion about my goals and what I would like to get out of the internship. This was more of a personality test.

On August 7th, I received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you faced at a previous job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

I met with an HR representative at a Coffee Bean on the lot. They asked me general questions about my past work experience and salary expectations. Then I met with the department VP and EVP. After a full week I got a call saying they wanted me and we negotiated salary.

Interview Questions

• HR asked general questions about my past work experience and salary expectations.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone screening. After that, I was emailed to come in for an in person interview with the department supervisor. Once I had the interview, I was asked to provide references.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted via FaceTime and the interviewer was pleasant throughout. He asked the standard questions about why I was interested in the position, what my strengths were, what I was looking for, my work history, and so on. Unfortunately they put the position on hold after the initial interview, so I did not advance in the process. The next step would have been meeting with the executives I'd be assisting and one other executive in the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to do a HireVue video interview a few days later. I was then contacted by a recruiter for a different position than what I applied for about a week later and had a 20-minute phone call with them. The HR conversation is very general as they mostly talk about NBC and the basics of the department you'd be working in. I was interviewing for digital production so it was really important to know what new projects they were working on (I researched the recruiter and they shared an article on their social media about a new NBC program so I brought up that piece of news). After the HR screening, I was put in contact with the department head and interviewed in-person with them. The conversation wasn't very difficult, it was a more in-depth discussion about the responsibilities and my background/knowledge. After our conversation, the department head then introduced me to another department that was looking for interns so I spoke with them briefly (the second department seemed like they were having trouble finding people to fill spots). About a week later the second department I spoke with asked me about my hours and if I could work later than the hours I mentioned during the interview (since most of my classes were positioned so I could work during the day I wasn't able to do as many late-nights as they wanted). I was told I would receive a definite yes/no the week after my final round interview, but unfortunately received no follow-up.

Interview Questions

• HireVue questions: 1) What do you know about NBCUniversal? 2) Why do you want to intern in the departments you chose? 3) How has your work experience prepared you for this role? 4) What do you hope to gain from this internship experience that sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Stamford, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied back in January and didn't get an email until the end of June. First I had a recorded video submission interview. It had 5 questions and took about 15 minutes. They gave me 3 days to complete it. After that I had a brief phone call with HR about the details of the job. 65 hour weeks, 6 days a week, working early mornings and late nights. Your off day would be a Monday or Tuesday and that changes weekly depending on when your show day is. I got called in for an in person interview about 6 days after submitting my online interview. They gave me a week to prepare for the interview.

There were 9 people in my interview group. We met as a group with some producers to talk more about the job and some specific responsibilities, such as booking and managing guests for the show. After that three separate producers pulled us in one my one to talk. I ended up meeting with all 3 producers (all of whom asked for a copy of my resume). The next day I got an email asking for 5 references.

As of 7/17 I have not heard back, so ignore the outcome listed on this review -- they won't let me submit it otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you had a list of people who expressed interest in the show. I'll pretend to be the person you call...convince me to be on the show.   Answer Question
    • What makes you special?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question

Home Entertainment Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Very slow. Took a long time to hear back. Wasn't ready for me that Monday I was suppose to start. My boss was a little crazy and no one liked her around the office and I could tell from the way she held her interviews