NBCUniversal Director, Primary Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Director, Primary Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with a ton of people and had to come in 4 different times. They also had me work on analyzing data and putting together a PowerPoint report with a thorough analysis, which I then had to present to the VP and SVP of research. Once I got the offer, I had to go in for a drug test, but they no longer make you do that. The only thing I would warn you about is that a few things that I'd been promised during the interview process were not actually awarded to me once I got the job. For example, I was told I'd be managing people but it turns out that was not actually how the team was set up. I was also told that I would have more responsibility than I was actually given. For example, while they said they wanted my input in changing the reporting templates, every time I made a suggestion to change something, they asked me to stick to the template as it was. So all of that was frustrating and, ultimately, why I left.

Interview Questions

• I was given raw data (in the form of data tabs) and asked to analyze it and compile a comprehensive PowerPoint report with actionable insights.   1 Answer
  • What would your bosses, employees, and co-workers say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They're quite tough. I tried to negotiate quite a few things (vacation, signing bonus, etc.) and didn't get any of them. Perhaps they could sense my excitement at having received the offer and knew I would take the job no matter what...