NBCUniversal Deals Editor, Daily Candy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Deals Editor, Daily Candy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call and an email requesting my availability for a face-to-face interview. A mutual time was agreed upon (the following Monday at 9:00 am) that took into account the fact that I was currently freelancing/temping at another company and had to be at that job by 10:00 am. I arrived at the Daily Candy office at 8:45am, with the doors locked and the receptionist MIA. I tried calling the phone outside the door -- which a sign instructed me to do if the door was locked -- but the mailbox was full. I then called the HR contact who'd set up the appointment and he was able to let me in.

I was set to interview with two people. The first person was very nice but the questions were meaningless. She described the job for a few minutes and asked if it was something I thought I could do, and I elaborated upon my skills and how they would fit into this new position. That portion of the interview was done by 9:15 am, and I was told the next interviewer would be in at 9:30 am.

At 9:45 am, the HR contact came by to tell me that he didn't know where the second person was and that she wasn't answering her cell phone, but I should wait a while longer. At this point, I sent an email to my freelance editor, telling her I'd be in late, since it didn't seem I'd be done any time soon.

At 10:00 am, the HR contact came by saying he still couldn't get in touch with the second person and we'd have to reschedule. (At this point, I was not only going to be seriously late for my freelance job, but I'd been sitting in a conference room, waiting, for 40 minutes.) I asked if it would be within the next day or two, and he said it definitely would.

I followed up with thank-you notes to HR and the person I was able to meet with, and I called the HR contact two days later to follow up again. I never heard anything back from anyone. I know that people get busy, but this strikes me as a rude and unproductive way to manage the hiring process.

Interview Questions